• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are there any companies out in northern california that can install a boom or buck lift to a van?

0igo

So i have been researching all over and cannot find any information on this, i have a chevy express van 3500 and i want to add a lift to it to install signs but i cannot find a company that does it. Maybe im not searching for the right things or something. Has anyone got this on their vehicle?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not call a lift company who puts them on at the factory ?? Not saying they don't do it, but I'd be concerned with the safety issues involved, like tipping over or enough power to run the thing. Will you want it to run off the engine or an on-board generator ?? Will you be putting an air oppressor in the truck ?? They really come in handy. Also, a welder.

0igo

Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to do but I don't know the name of the companies that install them. I'm just trying to talk to a shop that installs them and get their opinions on it.

Why not call a lift company who puts them on at the factory ?? Not saying they don't do it, but I'd be concerned with the safety issues involved, like tipping over or enough power to run the thing. Will you want it to run off the engine or an on-board generator ?? Will you be putting an air oppressor in the truck ?? They really come in handy. Also, a welder.

Johnny Best

You know you have to return these the way you pick them up and not go putting things on them to suit your needs.
van.jpg

visual800

why would you do this instead of just buying a bucket truck? seems to me it would be more expensive to add a bucket to a vehicle than just buying one already done. Also, if you are not going to be using this a whole lot I would rent. Trust me owning a lift can be a PITA