• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are These Dampers As Good As Roland?

player

I have not changed the dampers in years. I am thinking about buying 8 (8 for $24) and taking the old dampers off and filling 4 new ones with cleaner. Then print the cleaner, or at least do a cleaning with the cleaner to try to get rid of deflections.

Then use the other 4 for the new dampers and ink.

http://www.solventparts.com/products/damper-for-roland-sp300v-8-pack.html

I do not want to run into trouble with cheap dampers that have no screens or something just as bad.
I did read a post by Artbot? (I think that was who posted it) that dampers are dampers. The last time I asked my service tech to price new dampers it was $350 for the 4.

Robert M

Maybe try this

If the goal is to fire the head with cleaning solution you can take out the cartridge feeding the deflecting head and put a cleaning cart in it's place. If the printer sees the cleaning cartridge just switch the chips from the color to the cleaning cart, do a couple of strong cleans to get the ink out of the lines. I have never tried to print with cleaning solution but I did read here this week that it can be done with good results.

MrSalumi

Yep I did it!! Worked excellently!!

I'd like to know as well. I'm not against using OEM parts at all, providing of course that they are of good quality. My dealer says no way on these dampers but then they also say that they sell dampers for $30/each... sooo.....

For that price ($24/8) I might just change them all as a precautionary step...

player

Even $30 each but my dealer said $85 each, or 4 for $350.

I am going to change them all. I would then have 4 extra that I could keep for cleaning purpose.

I don't want to put a cleaning cart in because it will suck out all the colours from the other 3. I would need 4 carts. Then it removes all the ink from the lines, and then I would have to pull enough ink through after to clear the fluid. It would probably cost close to $500 for ink and cleaning carts.

I was thinking it would be easier and cheap since I will be changing the dampers, to use 4 of the new dampers with cleaning fluid, then when I am done put the other 4 new dampers on (first suck ink into them) and then install them and do a regular to medium cleaning.

I would also line the board with clear plastic in case I dribble on the board. Also I would turn the printer off at the main switch when dampering.

But my original questions:

Are these dampers as good as OEM Roland?
Will I run into trouble down the line with them?

phototec

I have not changed the dampers in years. I am thinking about buying 8 (8 for $24) and taking the old dampers off and filling 4 new ones with cleaner. Then print the cleaner, or at least do a cleaning with the cleaner to try to get rid of deflections.

Then use the other 4 for the new dampers and ink.

http://www.solventparts.com/products/damper-for-roland-sp300v-8-pack.html

I do not want to run into trouble with cheap dampers that have no screens or something just as bad.
I did read a post by Artbot? (I think that was who posted it) that dampers are dampers. The last time I asked my service tech to price new dampers it was $350 for the 4.

Well how did your DAMPER change/flush go?

You did NOT replay back on how this project went, did it work?

:readthread:

player

I had a tech come over and said my dampers are fine. He also advised against the cheapies.

As far as the flush idea the tech felt the small deflections and the 1 yellow bar missing was not enough to warrant the risks associated with manual flushing.

I do not use my printer much, so I used to print 12 sq.ft. and do the manual clean weekly. I always suffered from deflections and missing jets.

Now I am doing a daily mild cleaning (pressing the cleaning button), and the weekly manual cleaning. Everything seems much better. The print tests are almost 100% now. (My yellow test has been missing 1 bar and a couple of deflections for some time, so I don't expect it to clear up.)