• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are we still charging for additional colors

juan45215

I decided to drink the Signvox koolaid. It's taking frickin forever to enter all the products. Then I was trying to figure out how to charge for additional colors and I realize that about 80% of our signs are printed so is there any need to have an up charge for additional colors.

Is anybody still charging for additional colors?

Craig Sjoquist

Well ya can charge what ya want.

But look at it this way... Do your customers come to you for advertising or letters on a board.

I'm in this business because of my advertising ability, many times customers come to me not because I'm the cheapest or cheaper, but after I'm done with the sign, it starts to pay for itself with profit.

Now how do you sell... option A .. simple 1 color layout,
... option B .. simple layout with more complex effort & colors added maybe
... Option C.. highly complex with color

4R Graphics

We print most everything and price it based on materials and ink plus labor and design etc....

As for charging for extra colors we still do on multi layered cut vinyl stuff but we dont do much of it and we try to sell print stuff when we need more than one color. Easier for us all the way around.

Kevin-shopVOX

I decided to drink the Signvox koolaid. It's taking frickin forever to enter all the products. Then I was trying to figure out how to charge for additional colors and I realize that about 80% of our signs are printed so is there any need to have an up charge for additional colors.

Is anybody still charging for additional colors?

For digital printing I would say charging for additional colors is silly unless you have specific types of inks beyond the CMYK,Lc,Lm range that make sense to do so..such as white or metallic.

However if it is digitally printed then I would certainly charge for a higher quality print over a hi-speed print. There is more ink consumed and time needed to produce the print and I would charge accordingly.

If it a vinyl or screen printed job I would charge per color. In signVOX you can add second colors as 2 vinyls or as an enhancement. I prefer to do it as a second vinyl as that specific color/vinyl will show on a work order.

edit: if you are not doing so, don't forget to use the copy feature on your items your are building so that you can quickly create like items, changing only name and $ typically.

jfiscus

Rap Master
The only time I charge for "extra colors" is when I print with my EdgeFX, I just add to my SF price when there are multiple foils involved.

WildWestDesigns

Sometimes we will do it for embroidery if the pattern requires us to switch out colors on the needles while the pattern is stitching out.