• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are women better at designing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjm

I have been noticing a trend recently in that we are having to correct less files to get ready for print production.

In exploring things deeper it was discovered 65% of our recent jobs were created by a woman and less troublesome.

Comments?

Fitch

Not necessarily "better" but a male tends to create the basics whereas a female does not only basics but also detail. They tend to have a better "eye"

Cheers - G

threeputt

Women in general seem to have a more "thorough" approach to things. As far as "better" designers, that would have to be explored a bit more.

How do you put criteria on better designer?

Flame

In my personal day to day dealings at my shop, the worst logos I've seen have always come from women, and I've never once been impressed by artwork that was designed by a woman.

I tend to find most women THINK they are better than you though, which eventually wears through my patience wall I put up.

There are a few pretty good women designers on here though, and some great ones out there!!!

klemgraphics

In my personal day to day dealings at my shop, the worst logos I've seen have always come from women, and I've never once been impressed by artwork that was designed by a woman.

I tend to find most women THINK they are better than you though, which eventually wears through my patience wall I put up.

There are a few pretty good women designers on here though, and some great ones out there!!!
I agree, most that I deal with think they are better than me and tell me how to do things... until I show them a better way and to their surprise it actually does look good that way. I know their are some women that are great out their, guess I haven't crossed their path yet.

That being said I do have one guy that has got to be worse than all of the women that I deal with put together!:frustrated:

SignManiac

Oh I want to so bad, but I'm an even older wiser man than Joe and have barely just enough sense to keep it shut for once:)

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Historically men seem to do better at this and most other similar endeavors, even in those areas where one might expect women to dominate.

The best chefs, the best musicians, the best artists, and even the best soprano that ever was, whose name momentarily eludes me, are men.

Empirically from my limited experience, designs submitted for my execution by women have been universally dreck. Not only aesthetically but engineering-wise as well. I'm currently doing a pair of 4x8 back lit panels designed by some bint that are nothing short of awful.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You know ... this thread is inherently prejudicial. Who are better designers: Whites, blacks, Asians? Which religion produces the best designers?

I'm closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.