• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Are you a bitter, cranky old sign guy?

Are you a bitter, cranky old sign guy?

• YES, I spew vitriol and pi$$ excellence, pleb.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • NO, I like puppies and flowers.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Rocco G

As a younger guys here it's probably the years and years of people sending raster logos from some sales guys e-mail signature and wanting signs, vehicle, wall etc... graphics made. Followed by this conversation:
"Do you have this in a better quality or vector? Nope that 's all I have, so can I get it tomorrow?"

(Putting on my best cranky old sign bastard voice)
Back in my day Sonny, and yes we did ride dinosaurs to work - up hill both ways in the meteor storms, we had customers drop off crappy business cards with tiny logos and expecting us to product a work of art from it. Or paint a Picasso with One-Shot. Do you even know what One-Shot is Sonny Jim? :p

I'm sure our great grand-dads said much the same thing. It's dealing with people who want stuff for next to nothing that does it or don't even want to pay. Or those that think we only have a truck, some brushes and paint but no overhead. Or ...

And get off my dang lawn ya darn kids!!!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
My all time favorite t shirt...
shirt.jpg

rjssigns

Yes, I'm cranky ol....what was the question?

Recently earned my right to the 84 cent coffee at McDonalds. Not sure how to feel about that...

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Only to telemarketers.
One called today selling driveway patching and re-coating.
Said he had done business with us in the past.
I don't think so..... we have a gravel driveway and parking lot.

Wow, someone wrote that they're angry because a**holes piss on their shoes. Hell, at my age I'M pissing on my shoes, damn prostate. I could pee my name in the snow at 20'. Now when I dot the "i" it's in my shoe. I'm old, a little cranky, but I don't consider myself bitter yet (but if I keep reading the Wall Street Journal, watching network news, and dealing with millenials--it's only a matter of time). I used to listen to people my age (67) and swear I'd never be that cranky or cynical. Then life happened. Now I understand those old folks. I'm thankful, however, for the old folks that hired me when I was a teenager and new everything.