• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are you an Experienced User that owns a Roland LEC-330 with CMYK+Gloss+White ECO-UV4 Inks installed?

graphicsphere

Are you an Experienced User that owns a Roland LEC-330 with CMYK+Gloss+White ECO-UV4 Inks installed?

Hi I recently purchased a Roland LEC-330 from someone that didn’t know much about the machine and have some questions that I would like to ask you if you could PM me or send me a text message to my cell 813-922-1579.

I’m wanting answers about the different Roll and Rigid Media I can print on, How to load and setup Rigid Media in the LEC-330 and what settings you use with the Gloss and White Inks.

Attachments

• Roland lec-330.jpeg
    Roland lec-330.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 124
Rigid media, that doesn’t flex, will need the rigid media brackets to be technically be safe. BUT, you can level tables in front and back to replicate if needed.

The data sheet for this model lets you know your thickness limitations. It’s pretty much thick cardstock max on this model, the carriage doesn’t raise any higher than a solvent does. The LEJ has the height changing option.

This is much more of a vinyl / film printer than anything else. It’s really limited by that head height.

graphicsphere

Hi I’m looking for someone that has a LEC-330 report and parameter settings they saved using the Roland DG peck tool. My ink settings are stuck with the UVS type so can’t change back to UV4 type until I use someone’s parameters with the UV4 ink type and CMYK+Gloss+White ink mode (LEC-330).

Last edited:
Hi I’m looking for someone that has a LEC-330 that has the ECO-UV4 inks CMYK+Gloss+White installed in there LEC-330 so I can ask them to download there report and parameter settings using Roland DG peck tool. My ink settings appear to be UVS type but need someone’s parameters with the UV4 type and CMYK+Gloss+White mode.
My understanding is the system locks to EUVS and you can’t change it back.

You may have to replace a board to get past this.

I’m a LEC300A user, who was considering the printer you potentially bought, but walked after the EUVS realization.

graphicsphere

My understanding is the system locks to EUVS and you can’t change it back.

You may have to replace a board to get past this.

I’m a LEC300A user, who was considering the printer you potentially bought, but walked after the EUVS realization.
changing parameters from another same printer with different settings does change some important things but as long as I go thru both reports from both printers and compare what’s changed and change it back to the original settings the printer will work like normal and the ink type and mode that I want UV4 type and CMYK+Gloss+White mode will be selected.

Hopefully somebody on here has there Report and Parameters they can send me.

changing parameters from another same printer with different settings does change some important things but as long as I go thru both reports from both printers and compare what’s changed and change it back to the original settings the printer will work like normal and the ink type and mode that I want UV4 type and CMYK+Gloss+White mode will be selected.

Hopefully somebody on here has there Report and Parameters they can send me.
I’d suggest you replace all ink lines, dampers and captops if you successfully get it to accept the change. The inks are very different from one another.

Keep us updated if you successfully get this done. Those EUVS machines deserve a second lease on life.

Join the Roland Digital Printer **Support Group** and talk to Mike Gay. He may be able to help toy dig up EUV4 parameters. You could also do this from an EUV2 machine potentially, as if successful, would still get you back to the EUV ink selection menu that presents after headwash protocol, which allows for EUV2 & EUV4 on current firmware.

graphicsphere

I’d suggest you replace all ink lines, dampers and captops if you successfully get it to accept the change. The inks are very different from one another.

Keep us updated if you successfully get this done. Those EUVS machines deserve a second lease on life.

Join the Roland Digital Printer **Support Group** and talk to Mike Gay. He may be able to help toy dig up EUV4 parameters. You could also do this from an EUV2 machine potentially, as if successful, would still get you back to the EUV ink selection menu that presents after headwash protocol, which allows for EUV2 & EUV4 on current firmware.
Yes all the UVS ink in my LEC-330 has been flushed and new dampers, cap tops and tubing has been replaced just waiting on someone to get me those peck files I need. I found somebody on that Facebook Group that Mike Gay is the admin and they were suppose to send me the peck files and has kept me waiting for weeks now and don’t think they want to do it for me anymore. It’s some guy in England that probably don’t know much about the peck tool and might be worried it might hurt their printer.

My only option right now is to maybe ask Mike to message the guy from England and reassure him that it won’t hurt his printer.

Yes all the UVS ink in my LEC-330 has been flushed and new dampers, cap tops and tubing has been replaced just waiting on someone to get me those peck files I need. I found somebody on that Facebook Group that Mike Gay is the admin and they were suppose to send me the peck files and has kept me waiting for weeks now and don’t think they want to do it for me anymore. It’s some guy in England that probably don’t know much about the peck tool and might be worried it might hurt their printer.
Good luck! Post in here if it’s a success.

graphicsphere

Message me if you need me to explain how to save your LEC-330 peck report and parameter settings. I created a YouTube video on how to use the peck tool on a LEC-330. Here is the YouTube link: