• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arizona 1280-258 Ink Curing Issues

dee burkhardt

I have ink curing issues with 258 ink series. I was running 257 series, was told that adhesion was better and that finger prints don't show on coroplast and PVC with 258 series. Switched yesterday and haven't produced a sale-able print since. Lamps are new so that is not the issue. I was able to cure 257 series with lamp settings at 7. Cranked them up to 11 with this new ink and the ink is so tacky you can't flip a sign over to print a second side. This can't be right. Anybody else fighting with this? Canon is not much help, still waiting for a call back but was told that it is "normal" for it to be tacky. No way this is normal. Anybody?

UPDATE: Got this figured out. Fairly easy. Flush in the lines. I would have thought that the flush was flushed out as the ink changeover was done by a technician. But no, that would have been too easy. Would have also been nice if they would have said "Hey, there may be residual flush in the lines that you will have to spend a few hours purging out until you can get ink to stick to anything" but no, that didn't happen either. No bitterness. I have lots of time. ;) Hope this saves someone else the headache.

Last edited:

uvgerard

I have ink curing issues with 258 ink series. I was running 257 series, was told that adhesion was better and that finger prints don't show on coroplast and PVC with 258 series. Switched yesterday and haven't produced a sale-able print since. Lamps are new so that is not the issue. I was able to cure 257 series with lamp settings at 7. Cranked them up to 11 with this new ink and the ink is so tacky you can't flip a sign over to print a second side. This can't be right. Anybody else fighting with this? Canon is not much help, still waiting for a call back but was told that it is "normal" for it to be tacky. No way this is normal. Anybody?

Your Oce Arizona 1280 uses a newly designed UV lamp. The first thing I would look at is the mechanical shutters; specifically are they retracting all the way. Sometimes a screw will lodge in the mechanism preventing full UV from reaching the substrate.

Second, when you up the power does the lamp seems brighter. There should be a noticeable difference in light intensity between low and high power.

Will the ink cure on a different substrate? Does one color cure better than another?

Can you operate UV lamps independent of print cycle? Perhaps print in one direction and double up on cure

Check your UV lamps or quartz window (if used) for ink misting. If you are looking for an alternative source for the UV lamp, we manufacture this lamp priced at $165.00

dee burkhardt

Your Oce Arizona 1280 uses a newly designed UV lamp. The first thing I would look at is the mechanical shutters; specifically are they retracting all the way. Sometimes a screw will lodge in the mechanism preventing full UV from reaching the substrate.

Second, when you up the power does the lamp seems brighter. There should be a noticeable difference in light intensity between low and high power.

Will the ink cure on a different substrate? Does one color cure better than another?

Can you operate UV lamps independent of print cycle? Perhaps print in one direction and double up on cure

Check your UV lamps or quartz window (if used) for ink misting. If you are looking for an alternative source for the UV lamp, we manufacture this lamp priced at $165.00

I will save your info for my future lamp purchases. Thank you.