• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arizona, Agfa or EFI??

aviatorlr

Currently running a Vutek QS2000 and we are looking for something with newer technology which hopefully will translate to better quality and higher speed. Going to SGIA in a couple weeks to research as we will be making a purchase before year end, but thought I'd reach out and ask those in the know ...
Three options being considered are: Agfa Mira Jeti with R2R option, Oce Arizona 660XT with R2R option, or the EFI H2000 hybrid.
Also looking for operational arguments for or against a true flatbed vs. Hybrid and is the true flatbed worth the additional cost (we don't do much double sided). A majority of what we print is full 4x8 sheets and roll banner stock or vinyl.
Anyone running one of these machines daily? I'd love to hear about your experiences. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!

KaranGrewal

If you can afford it buy true flatbed and you will not regret it. we have Fuji acuity x2 with roll option ( print upto 86" Wide on roll to roll), its been working great from last 3 years. we are also looking to upgrade soon and also considering Mira( print up to 96" wide on roll to roll ) or Acuity X2 HS. Check which company offers better service in your area.

gurvich

I would rather go for EFI VUTEk H2000 Pro with roll-to-roll option.
We own Oce Arizona 640GT, Arizona 360XT and VUTEk H2000 Pro.

In terms of speed and quality VUTEk dominates, but there is some limitations.
Look up my thread about this here: http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...ce-Arizona-660-GT&highlight=H2000+Oce+Arizona

We use them both in combination, if you can afford true flatbed and hybrid I would rather go that way, but don't buy Arizona machine Canon has many setbacks. Honestly saying I would never buy any Arizona machine again.

Also recently Canon (Oce) raised prices for parts and primers (ask your dealer about this)...

Alex

ForgeInc

I would rather go for EFI VUTEk H2000 Pro with roll-to-roll option.
We own Oce Arizona 640GT, Arizona 360XT and VUTEk H2000 Pro.

In terms of speed and quality VUTEk dominates, but there is some limitations.
Look up my thread about this here: http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...ce-Arizona-660-GT&highlight=H2000+Oce+Arizona

We use them both in combination, if you can afford true flatbed and hybrid I would rather go that way, but don't buy Arizona machine Canon has many setbacks. Honestly saying I would never buy any Arizona machine again.

Also recently Canon (Oce) raised prices for parts and primers (ask your dealer about this)...

Alex

We too have been having a mess of problems with our Oce Arizona 660XT and are looking to replace it very soon. We are close to settling on an AGFA Mira. You can do a search on other threads and find some posts on the issues we have been having with our Oce, mostly around the printheads.

aviatorlr

Great information guys - thanks for sharing your thoughts. Going to Toronto on Thursday to see the Mira in action! It seems the Mira is at the top of the list right now as far as my company is concerned, but we are also looking to buy a flatbed cutter and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to settle for a "lesser" printer to afford a "better" cutter. Decisions, decisions ... Additional thoughts are welcome!