• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arizona Oce 250 GT Motion Error

Pete Moss

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd share with you my past day and half of trouble shooting and results.

I kept getting error messages saying motion error. The causes range from carriage cover needing to be replaced to the gantry being bumped during printing.

After exploring a gamut of possibilities it turned out the culprit was the gantry track needing grease. It turns out the friction and resistance caused the error. What was suppose to be a two panel job turned into at least seven.

Things are all good now though, and it's good to know in case this issue ever comes up again for myself or anyone searching this forum.

Peace!

DougWestwood

similar forehead slapper

Yeah, bummer when those dumb little things make big problems.
Had the same situation yearsago.

New OCE 250GT. All shop personnel got training, me mostly as I was printer lead.
Prints kept changing color halfway through full sheets. Nobody could tell what was up.
Finally called tech, dude came in a cleared the dust out of the screens on top of the UV lamps.
Turns out it was just overheating, and shutting off one of the lamps.

Next sheet printed fine. Wish that was part of the training as EVERYONE had a chance
to chime in, but none of us newbies knew what we were doing at the time.

That was 2008. Older, wiser.

Rock on!
- Doug
Vancouver

Pete Moss

It is, as are a few other procedures I am currently reviewing. First flatbed I've used so I am learning as I go here. Unfortunately, some of the maintenance tasks have taken a backseat the past couple years before I arrived. I am not finding any scheduling for greasing yet though. This through our hard copy manual (only 132 pages) and the versions I'm finding online.
Yeah, dust and dirt are buggers. Thanks for the feedback folks! Below is a list of maintenance tasks, pulled from this owners manual I found:

https://dgs.oce.com/PrinterSupport/...ts/User/Arizona_GT-XT_User-Manual3.3-RevA.pdf

Clean Carriage Underside Daily and as needed
Printhead Maintenance Daily and as needed
Swab Printheads Weekly and as needed
Clean UV Lamp Filter Weekly and as needed
Remove Ink from Table As needed
Empty the Waste Tray Monthly and as needed (or when ink overflows!)
Refill Coolant Monthly and check weekly
Clean Gantry Rails Monthly and as needed
Yearly, or after 11 bags of ink, or if pigment looks
weak
Change Ink Filters
Reprint the Rulers When the rulers become unreadable
Change both UV Lamps When curing is insufficient
Change Coolant Yearly (requires a service call)
Maintain White Ink Daily, Weekly and, as needed

AlsEU

It is, as are a few other procedures I am currently reviewing. First flatbed I've used so I am learning as I go here. Unfortunately, some of the maintenance tasks have taken a backseat the past couple years before I arrived. I am not finding any scheduling for greasing yet though.

These printers doesn't require greasing between yearly maintenance. Rails (for carriage and gantry) should be greased once per year. Also linear bearings behind the carriage (using grease gun). Gantry bearings doesn't require greasing at all.

Cuantekusa

INKS FOR WIDE FORMAT PRINTERS cuantek-usa.com
We are getting a "Gantry motion error" on an OCE AZ 318GL.
It prints one sheet then when we load a second one it stops and goes to home.
Any suggestions on how to fix or where to start troubleshooting?
What brand or type of grease is recommended for the rails (carriage and gantry)?

scottdcee

Super-Lube grease. DO NOT use a grease gun, there a bulletin out about not using a grease gun. Most people pump way too much grease into the bearings. Just wipe some of the grease on the rails with your finger and wipe off excess. Also, clean your encoder strip, wipe with clean rag.

Attachments

• super-lube-lubricants-grease-funnels-21030-64_1000.jpg
    super-lube-lubricants-grease-funnels-21030-64_1000.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 293

NorthControl

We are getting a "Gantry motion error" on an OCE AZ 318GL.
It prints one sheet then when we load a second one it stops and goes to home.
Any suggestions on how to fix or where to start troubleshooting?
What brand or type of grease is recommended for the rails (carriage and gantry)?

1. Sometimes helps, if you cleaning the motors inside from dust... It can be doing easy just remove the brushes and use high-pressure air (oil and waterless).

2. Also, could be checking the belts. If it have more dust in the internal side, it can be slide-out from the wheel and make ruck...

3. We had problems with carriage bearrings. It also causes this effect...

Greg