Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arizona printhead bad??

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by Bret R, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Bret R

Bret R New Member

Jan 6, 2020
    Utah County UT
    Can’t get this head to print clean we got it almost printing full nozzle check then after ten mins it would go back to half the head printing tech says it’s a damaged upload_2020-2-13_18-28-36.jpeg

Tags:
  2. alevit53

alevit53 New Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Middletown, NJ
    We had the same problem on our Vanguard. Even sent the head out for "SUPER" cleaning. Ended up replacing.

3. Ronc

Ronc New Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Iowa
    If you have a good head test and it is the only head to go bad, there is a good chance it is the last chance filter screen right at the ink inlet. If you want to call me I will discuss it with you
    Ron Cherkas. 515-707-8344

4. CMYKENGINEERING

CMYKENGINEERING Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Santa Monica
    I do not think the head damaged. The technician's conclusion is premature.

The first thing you should do is bleed the filter. You should be sure there is no air in the ink feeding line.

Second, you should clean the head nozzle surface with the flush. Use a swab or lint-free napkin. USE NO ALCOHOL EVER. Then perform standard cleaning with the vacuum cleaner. In case of no progress, perform the short flush procedure from the Oce PC menu.

Only then we could make the conclusion. But everything should be fine.

K.

5. AlsEU

AlsEU Member

Jul 16, 2014
    European Union
    If you have the degas modules installed in your printer, check all connections and the modules itself - there may be a leak somewhere or the module is damaged internally and air may not be removed from the ink.