• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlo 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Last year we bought a new house on an acre of land way out in the country in Texas in the middle of horse country. Three fourths of the vehicles going down my road are pickup trucks and half of them have a horse trailer behind them. I have the greatest neighbors ever. We have a real Texas BBQ a few times a month with several briskets and pork shoulders and overflowing coolers. Life is great.

Back when I was a regular participant here it was a different story. I was pretty much housebound and in pain most of the time as a result of numerous major surgeries. I was a poster child for a foul mood. In reading some of my old threads I see the bad attitude carried into a lot of my comments. After a year of diligent searching I found a surgeon willing to try and help me, although it was with no guarantees. The last surgery was an entire success and I immediately set out getting away from the industrial duty pain management that had eroded my personality and clouded my thinking. Life is the best it's been in a few decades now.

This summer so far I singlehandedly built a new shop building on my property. I have a climate controlled studio in it. For being the first thing I ever built it came out great. Hopefully it is the last thing I will ever build as well. No fun in the Texas heat. I am set up now to get back to the happiest time in my life occupation wise. I designed a series of interior decor hand lettered signs I plan to sell at craft fairs in the area. When I see what passes for hand lettered signs there I think what I will do is a slam dunk! I'll soon be posting pics of my production here.

I had Fred change my name by adding "2.0" to reflect the new and improved Arlo. Looking forward to visiting with y'all again!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sounds like things are looking up for you, good to hear.
Good news seems a little hard to find these days.

wayne k
guam usa

signage

Welcome back Arlo, Glad to hear you are feeling better and have gotten your Health back. Do you still have the motorhome?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Sold the motorhome awhile back. Have a travel trailer now I rehabbed. Thinking about building an authentic teardrop trailer now when it cools off in the fall.

TammieH

"We have a real Texas BBQ a few times a month with several briskets and pork shoulders and overflowing coolers. Life is great"

Lets get more information on this part ;p

:goodpost:

Drooling"

GB2

Old Member
Good to see you back again...and so very good to hear about your successful life changing events!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I was rather fond of the previous version. Curmudgeons are vastly more entertaining than simpering pollyannas.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I was rather fond of the previous version. Curmudgeons are vastly more entertaining than simpering pollyannas.

I agree bob. That is why upon returning I immediately read up on all your posts for the immense entertainment it always provides. I'll never understand those who try to bump heads with you. Exercise in futility.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
Good to see you back Arlo. I know that pain can change a lot in a person, but you never seemed too miserable to me.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Very cool...what part of N. Tx you in? I am wanting to look at a place somewhere in the Pilot Point/Gunter area - in between is some nice land.

OldPaint

glad for your recovery...........i can agree, that having medical problems DOES AFFECT YOUR OUTLOOK!!!!
i do the same thing looking back on 2004-2011. diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2004, 10 surgeries, till 2009, then 2010 double by-pass, 3 months later i died)))) definitely made changes in my outlook to my future. been no hospital since 2013.......when i choose to have major back surgery, then 3 days home and back to hospital with stomach ulcers!!! got it fixed.....back and stomach repair was perfect......oh and 6 years cancer free.....

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Very cool...what part of N. Tx you in? I am wanting to look at a place somewhere in the Pilot Point/Gunter area - in between is some nice land.
I live in the teeming metropolis of Reno, TX. It's in between Azle and Springtown. Half hour from Fort Worth. Dallas... I've heard of that, isn't it somewhere near me?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

glad for your recovery...........i can agree, that having medical problems DOES AFFECT YOUR OUTLOOK!!!!
i do the same thing looking back on 2004-2011. diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2004, 10 surgeries, till 2009, then 2010 double by-pass, 3 months later i died)))) definitely made changes in my outlook to my future. been no hospital since 2013.......when i choose to have major back surgery, then 3 days home and back to hospital with stomach ulcers!!! got it fixed.....back and stomach repair was perfect......oh and 6 years cancer free.....

The pain meds affected my outlook horribly. My personality was so changed on them I was alienating everyone around me. I finally figured out I couldn't be the only one who was right and everybody else was wrong. Congrats on the cancer free. I remember all this stuff about you. I call it being thru the ringer. I hate hospitals. It got to where with me people would give driving directions based on "the hospital Arlo was in last year". All 3 of my kids spent a lot of their childhood in the 7 different hospitals where I had surgeries. They know where every snack machine is on every floor. Funny thing, they are all adults with professional occupations and none of them had any interest in a medical career.