• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon 6000XRP Failures

Mopar67

Hi everyone!

We have been working on a fleet of trucks for a few years now. The Arlon 6000XRP that we have been using is failing on many of the trucks. After looking through many posts on here it seems Arlon has a reputation for failing.
As we continue to work on this fleet, and also replace the graphics, what would you suggest is a better vinyl at a decent cost? We expect some trucks to get damaged and repaired so going with a vinyl that is top of the line is not necessary.

Thank you.

LarryB

I too have had failures with Arlon a couple years ago. I switched to 3M IJ180CV3 and have not any issues since then. Yes it is more expensive but the peace of mind more than makes up for it.

rjssigns

What type of failures have you been experiencing? We've been using 6000XRP for a few years with no issues.

Charlie J

I had a TON of failures out of 4560gtx. And recently ordered a roll of arlon carbon fiber that was defective. I won't touch the stuff.

Mopar67

We started out with the 4560 and that is a total failure after 10 months. Vinyl is separating from the glue. Black Backing or Gray backing being left. Told us to switch to the Arlon 6000XR and 6000XRP which as been approx 10 months, but I do not feel that has corrected the problem. These are Fleets of trucks not car wraps. We also use oracle on them and with no laminate and tree damage it stays on better. Need to find good stuff for welds and rivets.