• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon 6000XRP

sghobbies

Has anyone tried the 6000XRP? I talked to an Arlon Rep at the show in Orlando. Sounds like a good product at a really good price.

strypguy

Never used it but just got a couple test prints from my supplier. I'm not really impressed with the quality as compared to the oracal I've been using.

speedmedia

I have used some of the 6000X previously and had some problems with the adhesive separating from the vinyl. Not good. I had to redo several jobs. Arlon did in fact give me credit with my supplier and handled it well but it has since scared me. I really would like to try it again but don't want to have any other problems.

I am curious Tim, what is the product you have that is similar?

Thanks,
Kurt

WOODBS

Nice response Tim..how are ya? Sorry I missed the show, heard good things from the new wall vunyl..

Premier Wraps

Our shop did some beta testing a year or so ago with it. Nice stuff, but horrible to work with in the warmer temps. Stuff turns to goo really quick. So if it's slightly warm in your shop...like mid/high 70s be super careful with any straight lines or text you need to line up. I just pulled the wrap on my truck that was done in XRP. Had been on there a year. Came off super easy and clean. We see a van we did in XRP all the time around here. (Ford) and the recess area on the sides are stuck down perfectly still with no glue.

Ponto

"... Nice stuff, but horrible to work with in the warmer temps. Stuff turns to goo really quick. So if it's slightly warm in your shop...like mid/high 70s be super careful ..."

...yup...really aggressive in warmer conditions, frustrating to work with, but really conformable when you get the hang of it.

Jp

dolce05

we started to use it as a lesser grade vinyl about two years ago. When we started using it , it was in the colder months. Honestly it printed and laminated real well, and installed nice. Then came the warmer months. My guys were struggling with it to no end. And our entire shop is central aired (dont be jealous). We now exclusively when wrapping vehicles or trailers use 3M. Time is money....thats the bottom line!

marcinito

We did suv in past month and loved it. I could see issues when its going to get warmer

Just finished E250 Van with XRP over the weekend. uhmm.... I like working with this material but will swich to 3m for summer if you know what I mean. Arlon tacks like crazy but it sticks very well once applied.

BALLPARK

Just did a full wrap on a GMC Savana Cargo Van using the 6000XRP and it worked great. Then I did a 20' Box truck using it the following week and loved it. The box truck was fast and easy. We just removed the entire liner once it was lined up and pulled it down. Never had any issues with the vinyl and came away impressed.

We get the wrap combo kits for $730 and like it for customers wanting a great deal with very good value.