• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon 6500 Question

Hi. I have a Roland SP-540V and am running VersaWorks. I printed on cast white translucent vinyl from GMI yesterday and it worked great using Roland's Translucent Cast Vinyl profile. I just ran out of that and I am starting into a roll of Arlon 6500 Cast Translucent White material. I am getting streaks of lighter color going 90 degrees from the print head movement, in other words, the streaks go with the print as it comes out of the printer, pretty much in the middle of the print which is about 52" wide. The whole print seems a bit washed out as well. I have tried a couple of profiles and it doesn't seem to help. I had two rollers in the middle of the print, so took one out to see if that helped, but didn't seem to. on Arlon's website, they don't have the profile for my equipment for the 6500 material. they have one for the 600 material, but it is a .rml file. not sure what to do with that to run it, can't load it like a normal icc profile. any experience with this or help at all much appreciated.

SignAttack

Hmm try generic vinyl profile and than jack heat up to 45 or have heard jacking heat down helps? to like 30 or so.
Also make sure you done head clean and tweak contrast a little to make more vibrant.
Have you tried calling there customer service for some tips?

Best of luck