• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon DPF 8000 vs 3M IJ39

SpeedproSOC

Good afternoon,

We have a customer who wants to get sticker kits printed for some off-road vehicle doors. The customer has been getting them printed by another source who was using Arlon DPF8000. I have read on the forums here that a lot of people don't like working with DPF 8000 (adhesive leaking etc). I have found another high tack adhesive vinyl in 3M IJ39 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this media and how it compared. If there are any other recommendations for a high tack adhesive vinyl that would also be helpful.

Thanks.

JoeBoomer

Good afternoon,

We have a customer who wants to get sticker kits printed for some off-road vehicle doors. The customer has been getting them printed by another source who was using Arlon DPF8000. I have read on the forums here that a lot of people don't like working with DPF 8000 (adhesive leaking etc). I have found another high tack adhesive vinyl in 3M IJ39 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this media and how it compared. If there are any other recommendations for a high tack adhesive vinyl that would also be helpful.

Thanks.

Why would you need to use Arlon DPF 8000 or similar vinyl for a vehicle door? It seems like you'd want to use a more durable laminate to protect it as opposed to a stronger adhesive...?

(DPF8000 is made with the finest Budweiser horse hooves known to man. 32 horses per roll. Space-grade adhesive in that stuff)

Would IJ180c work with a floor laminate or polycarb lam? Please feel free to enlighten me....

SpeedproSOC

Just a guess, but maybe the doors are made of low energy plastic

This.

The decals would be placed on a set of off road vehicles that are made of low energy plastic so the high tack adhesive is a requirement. We tried DPF8000 and it sucks, the print quality is subpar and the adhesive leaks onto to printer. We got a sample roll of IJ39 so Im hoping it works better. Gotta find a profile that looks good.

ProColorGraphics

I highly recommend the ultra high tack stuff from Substance Media!! It is way better than Arlon 8000. They also have air egress versions too. The 440LSE would be similar, but better than 8000. They also have one that is way stickier too! They are also willing to send out test samples.