• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon DPF600X

kstompaint

Our local supplier has a special on Arlon DPF600X wrap film and the corresponding cast laminate. We usually use Oracal, but the price during this promotion is extremely good. I'm thinking of trying it out.

Does anybody have any experience with it?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have heard mixed reviews to say the least, mainly on the not so good side of things. I always ask myself WHY is this stuff so cheap?

speedmedia

It's awesome if you like re-doing project, otherwise stick with the Oracal. Anything I have used the 4560 or 6000 on has failed.

Thanks,
Kurt

cdiesel

I prefer not to use Arlon, but we do install quite a bit of it lately (read install, not print). It is a very soft, workable film, but I've had issues in the past.

chopper

I use the arlon 6000xrp and optically clear lam that goes with it, what are the problems the rest of you are having?
I was using the oracal and had some of it fail on me, so I switched to arlon
and for what I use it for I have not had a problem,
//chopper

jasonx

The 6000X had issues with the face film separating from the adhesive layer when repositioning the material. Obiviously installer error according to the manufacturer.

speedmedia

ever see 3M at an extremely good promotion? exactly.

That pretty much says it all... It is better to be safe....

Anything Arlon I have used for digital with wraps or anything of the like the adhesive separated from the face. Not good. They did do something about it which was nice, but I refuse to use it anymore.

Thanks,
kurt

chopper

The 6000X had issues with the face film separating from the adhesive layer when repositioning the material. Obiviously installer error according to the manufacturer.
thanks for the explanation, I have never had that issue with the stuff I have used so far,
//chopper