• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon Intermediate Calendered

daenterpri

I busted out a roll of white Arlon Intermediate Calendered vinyl today. It's been on the rack for probably over a year. Anyways, I was trying to cut tons of these little decals. However, no matter what I tried, I could NOT get it to weed smoothly. My cut depth was good(messed with it several times), I tried weeding borders around the decal, everything I could think of. And when I would go to pull the big piece of vinyl off, it would try to take all of the decals with it every time.

The decals, though completely cut, didn't even pretend to want to stay on the backing.

I tried cutting some black Arlon Intermediate Calendered that I just got yesterday, and it weeded perfect!

Did my roll of white just get old? What could possibly be the issue?

Signstoptt

Yup sounds like it. Unless you store your vinyl in a controlled environment as in a very cool and dry place after a while the adhesive starts to breakdown - you had it for a year but you can't be sure how long your supplier had it on his shelf. Check the date of production on the label - that should tell you the actual age of the roll.