• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon please share experience

WrapZone

We will be doing our first wrap with Arlon tomorrow and would just know what to expect. We do high end wraps on a daily basis and the house vinyls has been Oracal and Hexis but I am very impressed with the finish of Arlon vinyls. Please share your experience with it as far as shrinkage etc.

TSdesigns.NET

We recently have been using the Arlon 6000XRP wrap film and laminate and it feels a lot like the Oracal. I wanted to try it for the same reason, the samples I got were very glossy. The air release adhesive has a pattern that looked just like the Oralcal's and it installed about the same. It can not take as much heat as the 3M 180 can but is very comparable to the Oracal. It was a bit easier to reposition the Arlon than the Oracal 3951. It has a little less aggressive adhesive until You heat it a bit so its easier to pick up. It stretches and shrinks about the same.

rjssigns

I used some 6000XRP on a repair. I like the way it prints and love the way the lam goes on and it's gloss. Installation wise it has a high initial tack compared to IJ180c. Will be trying the 3751RA/290G shortly so I can compare.
A race forum I belong too had pics of a full wrap on a Mustang using 6000XRP. It looked really nice. Installer said it took him about two days to finish.

WrapZone

Worked with the Arlon today, got the stuff without air release.
Took us a lot longer to work with than Hexis and Oracal but I guess it is a matter of what you are used to, the thing that bothered me a bit and that made the work take longer was that it needed more heating while working with it. Easier to work out creases on both Oracal and Hexis.

But then again the wrap is on a stretch Hummer H2 limo so there is a lot of area to cover :)