• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon Printed DPF 4500GX falling off of Acrylic Painted sign - Help

GeneA

This Acrylic Painted sign was made during the summer. It has other cut vinyl on the sign, but not printed. The printed vinyl just fell off! After the vinyl was put down I clearcoated with Clear Shield. The sign was an outdoor sign and has been in below freezing temps, and in the 80s. I am going to remove the sign this week and work on it on Christmas, anyone have any suggestions? The wood was primed and painted, and left to dry for a week. The Vinyl was applied and left for a couple of days before the Clearshield was applied. The other vinyl is not Arlon but Oracal. I am now printing the graphic on 3M.

TimToad

If you mean the background was painted with acrylic paint, then I would gather your vinyls don't like it like most.

I NEVER trust putting vinyl on anything but an oil based, gloss surface. If the desired sheen is not gloss, I deal with that after the fact.