• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ARLON PROFILE w/ FLEXI

vectorterrorist

Have a hp8000 printer and I am new to learning the print biz. I am basicall self taught (a shop owner is allowing me to come in and play around with one of his printers)

I am printing stuff (designed in RGB mode and in adobe cs3) and bringing it into flexi and when I print it comes out dull (black comes out charcoal grey and so forth) I want the colors to be vibrant and crisp.

I was using convex matte vinyl and I'm now moving to use arlon
is there a color profile from arlon to downlaod to help get the color vibrant and crisp?

Also what setting could I change to have everything come out high quality?

last thing I did it came out dull and you could see the print lines in it...DO NOT WANT THIS.

help me obi wan knobi...your this newbies only hope...or anyone else that has the answer-

The Flexi RIP requires color management settings, including input/ output profiles and other color settings to be 'dialed in' for the specific media that you are using. If your settings are not optimized, then quality will tend to fall of the table with this RIP.

The first thing that I would do in your scenario is to bring the print job directly into the Flexi RIP itself, called Production Manager. That is a stand-alone program (that can also work in conjunction with Flexi itself), and you can bring any supported file (typically raster formats or Postscript) directly into the RIP vis it's File Menu > Add Job.

Once the job is in the RIP's queue, double click it to open the Job Properties, and go to the Color Management Tab, where you will define the media selection, resolution, etc.

You may be able to bring media information into the RIP via a PTF file that is downloaded from the Media Manufacturer's web site. It will depend on whether the manufacturer has created a profile for your configuration of printer and RIP. Hope this helps!

Bob

LittleSnakey

Vectorterrorist,
Have you tried designing in Flexi? You can use the pantone swatch table in Flexi going to the view pulldown menu, click on color, click on open table, then goto your Flexi directory then to swatch\library.
I like to use the process coated library, and found that it prints very close to the pantone to cmyk bridge we bought.

We were able to download profiles for our Roland VP540 from Arlons site but I don't know if they have profiles for the HP printer.

If you want to use Adobie to design with make sure you start it with an RGB document at least 150dpi at full scale, most likely your problem is with your color selection.

The best way select colors is to actually print the color chart that you are using to design with. Because the colors on the screen are not gonna match what you get from the printer.
Hope this helps a little.

Have a hp8000 printer and I am new to learning the print biz. I am basicall self taught (a shop owner is allowing me to come in and play around with one of his printers)

I am printing stuff (designed in RGB mode and in adobe cs3) and bringing it into flexi and when I print it comes out dull (black comes out charcoal grey and so forth) I want the colors to be vibrant and crisp.

I was using convex matte vinyl and I'm now moving to use arlon
is there a color profile from arlon to downlaod to help get the color vibrant and crisp?

Also what setting could I change to have everything come out high quality?

last thing I did it came out dull and you could see the print lines in it...DO NOT WANT THIS.

help me obi wan knobi...your this newbies only hope...or anyone else that has the answer-