• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon vinyls

jim_papa

Hello everyone

Yesterday came a resseler to my shop and he tried to sell me Arlon vinyls. He said that it has very good quality, better than Orakal.
I'm interesting for monomeric and polymeric printing vinyls.
Has anyone used them and what is your opinion about them?

Thank's

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use the DPF8000 a lot for aggressive decals and it performs well. I have used it for wraps in the past, but not for years now.

rjssigns

Arlon 6000XRP/3220 laminate has wrap kits have been our choice for vehicle and exterior graphics for years. I also sell to another shop and their installer really likes it.

Personally the extra $300 3M charges for a comparable wrap kit didn't make my prints or installs $300 better or easier. YMMV

MikePro

love arlon. love 3M.
but don't love 3M more than Arlon to justify a 20%+ markup.... which grows every year, as 3M regularly jacks their pricing.

MikePro

Being a bit lazy here, what are the equivalents to oracal 3551, 3165, 3651 and 215 lam?
Arlon Fusion/3170, 510&4500/3420

edited to add: "high performance calendared" is still just calendared, but I do love the performance of these intermediate vinyls for my "economy-line". i can't speak for the wrap-ability/longevity of anything but the DPF6000xrp, which is awesome.

AF

The 3551 lasts a long time, does Arlon have a similar high performance calandered with extra fluorescing agents?

Goatshaver

I started using Arlon 510 for stickers/decals but the print quality wasn't as good as the 4500. The 4500 didn't do great with perf cutting for me either. I wasted a quarter of a roll on reprinting jobs. I've gone to GF 302 for my stickers/decals and have been happy with it.

TomK

I started using Arlon 510 for stickers/decals but the print quality wasn't as good as the 4500. The 4500 didn't do great with perf cutting for me either. I wasted a quarter of a roll on reprinting jobs. I've gone to GF 302 for my stickers/decals and have been happy with it.

Can't find a GF 302? Got a link?