• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon wrap material has ugly grey streaking appearing from nowhere!!!

PMac

Just bought my first wrap kit! I decided to go inexpensive because that's what my clients want. It's Arlon DPF6000 ARP from Fellers. There is a horrible grey streaking that seams to be just appearing for no reason. (see pics) This has NEVER happened to me before with ANY other material. I've been printing for about two years now. I'm printing the same way I always have, usually with fantastic results.
I'm using a Roland SC-540 printer, printing at 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius).

Am I printing to hot?? Is this material just crap?? Not sure what to do.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160405_210240.jpg
    20160405_210240.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 20160405_210209.jpg
    20160405_210209.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 293

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
Arlon 6000

Turn the heat up to 110 / 116 degrees, you can try a different profile, and slow down the print speed. Clean the heads, 6000 is great material

Have you tried printing this same image on another material? that looks like over spray. It looks like the head is gone or there is a lot of static.

AaronSSsignsKC

I dont use arlon so I cant speak for the material but this looks like printer issue i would start with cleaning everything and checking you're profiles. It looks like a head issue to me tho, good luck!!

MikePro

definitely not the vinyl, been printing on arlon 6000 for years now without issue. great substitute for the much more expensive 3M 180.

if static can be ruled-out, by confirming that it is only your black ink that is overspraying, then it is an issue with the way you're laying ink. huge fan of flushing your system to properly diagnose before making decision to replace printhead.

lgroth

I could dig through my garbage and post pics of that happening all winter long.... Static... Grrr.... Even with a static cord hanging across the media input side of the printer it still happens when it gets dry enough.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Static or Head.
Not Vinyl.
With the black print head placement the same as on my Roland, the black seems to be the most obvious...barely does it on other colors.
The backer on the Arlon may contribute to it being more noticeable on it than on other brands...3M has a thicker wax coating on their backer, which cuts this down a bit.