Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arlon

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by K2, Oct 13, 2010.

1. K2

K2 Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Arkansas
    I have had a sales guy come in several times pushing the Arlon brand. I tend to use Oracal for most of my general sign making, 3M for wrap material and the 13oz Ultra Flex banner material. Doing some comparison on pricing the Arlon is cheaper on alot of materials and tend to have the same or even better warranties than some of the other brands. So my question is, has anyone used or does use the Arlon material and can let me know their thoughts on it and even possibly using the Arlon wrap material on more of the fleet/flatter vehicles to maybe save some money but I dont want to put a shotty product out either. Thoughts...

Tags:
  2. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Arlon is a good product. I use some of their cast material/colors regularly for certain projects/clients. Never had a problem with it in over 20 years. I also use some of their cast print media with good results.

3. K2

K2 Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Arkansas
    Have you used any of the Arlon DPF 313 banner material Signo?

4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    No. I rarely print banners and when I do its on a re-branded product (Aspire) from Denco

5. cajun312

cajun312 Active Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Louisiana
    I like the Arlon print vinyl but not their banner material, they did send me a profile that helped out some, but UltraFlex prints much better.

6. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

I've used Arlon print media and have no complaints.

7. K2

K2 Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Arkansas
    Cool, Thanks for all the input

8. bayshorecreations

bayshorecreations Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2007
    NJ