• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlons New Flite Technology

ams

Has anyone used Arlons new Flite Technology vinyl? Apparently it hovers above the surface until you are ready to apply it. Sounds like something to do with static or something. Curious if it's good or junk.

Here is what I've posted on another thread about this.

We have installed a few rolls in the last couple months testing it out for our supplier. We have wrapped several trailers, box trucks, and 2 SUV's with it. The air comes out great, no issues like with the 180c. Its initial tack is actually kinda scary in how little it adheres. Even after squeegeeing you can pretty easily pick it up. Once on, it seems to stay nicely so far. It prints well on both a latex 570 and a roland XR640. They say it should not matter with the solvent and getting gummy, and from what we printed with it seems to hold true. Although I will say that we did not print a very heavily color saturation on it. Only problem we had with the tack of it was doing a bumper, and once stuck down on one side and trying to stretch it around it did not want to hold well without someone actually helping hold it. It would pull free fairly easily.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Try pinching the vinyl and squeegeeing over it, then release it and try and get it to stick. With the samples we have had it would close the air channels and trap air when you got the crease out.

ams

Hmm so it seems that it's good for small or no curves, but for heavy curves it would be an issue or that you will need to keep fighting it to stick. What about heating it after you squeegee it?

I got a 2 small samples of this vinyl yesterday from my supplier, I compared it with Avery 1105 with DOL1460 overlaminate, when it comes to the flite function its Not hovering over the object you are going to wrap it is simply some cemical delay in the glue that make it not stick directly, I found that averys vinyl was better when it comes to the sliding function, averys vinyl slide better over the surface, Arlons vinyl tended to stick a bit making it harder to reposition, then its the tack, after squeegee Arlon was very simple to lift again, it seems like its not sticking at all, im sure it will stick after awhile but even here i think Avery is better, avery you can slide over the surface and once you squeegee it will stick good, not to hard but hard enough so you wont life the whole piece when you need to correct something.