Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arrgh! font madness

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by scott pagan, Aug 19, 2005.

1. scott pagan

scott pagan Member

Feb 4, 2004
    charlotte nc
    this looks like something so basic, yet modified...

[​IMG]

*edit: i know, it is faster to redraw, only i need the full character set for other copy to be set in.

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I don't recognize it.

3. scott pagan

scott pagan Member

Feb 4, 2004
    charlotte nc
    afraid you'd say that

4. vid

vid Very Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    California
    If it's something that you can massage a bit, try Aurora Bold Condensed. It'll be off, but it displays some similar characteristics.

oooookay, maybe not the "S" so much, but it does have some other distinctive characters.

vid

Attached Files:

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The "S" was the problem with most fonts I compared. My first thought was Futura Display.

6. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    How in love is the customer with this font? You might be able to get them to use another that looks close. When I run into this I give a quote to scan and clean up what they have or use a stock font and find most don't love the font enough to want to pay the extra. Also, are you going to be making something that says the same thing or something else? How many other words are written in this font? If they really love it and are going to be saying something else in the same font but nothing else exists, you could scan in the sample, use any letters in it to make up the new word and guess at the shape of the other letters as know one knows what they look like.