• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ARRRGGGHHHH! Why can't suppliers understand UPS?

Pat Whatley

This is killing me. Four, count them, FOUR, suppliers in a row have crapped on me with UPS shipping.

Every time I get something shipped out via UPS on a Friday and tell them I want Saturday Delivery they just send it out next day air meaning it's scheduled for Monday. REGULAR OVERNIGHT IS NOT SATURDAY DELIVERY PEOPLE. BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT.

I've got a customer who had a rush order. Emailed the supplier to make sure production and shipping were gonna be possible. Supplier got them done, I called the lady who was delighted. She rearranged her schedule to drop the trailer off at the shop this morning, I canceled my weekend plans, and I've been sitting here all morning waiting on my package.

Just tracked them just a few minutes ago....they're in Montgomery, sitting at the UPS hub, scheduled for delivery Monday afternoon.

So now I'm out a Saturday, my customer is furious because not only did she cancel work for today she's now got to stay in town all day Monday waiting on me to get the decals in.

sjm

FedEx is another option. Though it's not cheap. Then again put a value on your time.

sjm

It's not UPS's fault (this time), it's a vendor who apparently doesn't understand UPS shipping.

Sure, I have driven out to a UPS hub many a times to ensure satisfaction for the end user.

Now I pay a little more and request Fedex always who handle all the rest. For me it just makes life less complicated. The bonus is, there is no finger pointing.

vinylbarry

How far away is the hub there will be someone there becuase they have saturday trucks out.
Our hub is about 32 miles away.

Pat Whatley

Our hub is locked down on weekends.

Talked to the supplier, there was just a mix up somewhere between me and him. I should really expect that when I let the customer rush me, so I have to rush the printer, who has to scramble to even get the stuff out for me. I didn't leave any margin for error in there, I'm as much to blame in this as they are.

mark galoob

ups ground does not deliver on saturday...many people assume that because they guanantee their ground shipments they will get them on saturday but ground is a mon - fri option...your best option for saturday delivery is fed ex air...they are committed to saturday and it is the only option i will allow my customers if they need something there on sat. this is about 50% more expensive than regular air shipments by the way

mark galoob

mark galoob

ups does not offer "ground" delivery on sat. they offer air delivery on sat. its a different service and you have to specify it as an air shipment.

mark galoob