• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Art Cut 2009 Please help

jpkustoms

My comp went down that had my old artcut software on it.

I bought a new copy of artcut 09 I got most everything working but I can't import eps files like I could before so I really can;t do anything custom

please help

thanks

James

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It would appear from a moderate search that ArtCut is given away by a lot of people wanting to sell no brand plotters. I am unable to determine who the publisher of the software actually is or who supports it.

It might be time for you to license some software that is actually supported by someone. The only mention I see of file import capability is HP PLT format which is totally inferior for vinyl cutting.

You might want to consider something like CorelDRAW and CiberCut Pro.

S'N'S

If you have corel you can get patch to cut direct from your Roland.
Artcut at best is useless.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Roland CX-24 is one generation out of date but should have come bundled with Roland CutStudio software. I do not think the CutStudio software is sold separately but you might want to inquire with your nearest Roland dealer.

Other proven solutions include the CiberCut Pro I linked you to earlier along with other solutions such as Co-Cut Pro which requires CorelDRAW and WinPCSign available from GRS at a special price.

I won't try to dignify your query as to the "best, cheapest" software. That is an oxymoron. You get what you pay for.

CiberCut Pro Version 6 Max currently is being offered in an ad right here at a buy it now price of $295.00.

jpkustoms

any clue on why the old software it would work but now with the new one it doesn't

thanks for the help guys