Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Art file somehow turned into a folder???

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Joe Diaz, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

Not sure how this happened, but I was tracking down a file, and I found it but rather than being a coreldraw file it's showing up as a folder(or directory). It says for example: cityofpontiac.cdr but it looks and behaves as a folder. How do I fix that?

Tags:
  2. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    What platform are you on? It could be just messed up file associations, and that refreshing them will do the trick.

3. Joe Diaz

yeah sorry. I'm running windows 7. the file was a Coreldraw file.

4. SignBurst PCs

SignBurst PCs Very Active Member

Joe,

Are you sure that it is really a cdr file? I can name a folder xxxx.cdr and it is still a folder. I know that I am asking a dumb question, but sometimes the simplest answers are overlooked.

If you want to DropBox me the file (folder), I would be happy to take a look at it.

5. Joe Diaz

It was an actual coreldraw file that I could open in Corel and edit my artwork. Now it's a folder named xxxx.cdr and acts as a folder. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen and I don't know how to change it back.

6. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    I work on a Mac with Adobe products and have had the same thing happen to old files. I just open them up and resave and throw the old stuff away. I have tried suggestions but it seems to be faster and safer as I stated.