• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Art file somehow turned into a folder???

Joe Diaz

Not sure how this happened, but I was tracking down a file, and I found it but rather than being a coreldraw file it's showing up as a folder(or directory). It says for example: cityofpontiac.cdr but it looks and behaves as a folder. How do I fix that?

SignBurst PCs

Joe,

Are you sure that it is really a cdr file? I can name a folder xxxx.cdr and it is still a folder. I know that I am asking a dumb question, but sometimes the simplest answers are overlooked.

If you want to DropBox me the file (folder), I would be happy to take a look at it.

Joe Diaz

Joe,

Are you sure that it is really a cdr file? I can name a folder xxxx.cdr and it is still a folder. I know that I am asking a dumb question, but sometimes the simplest answers are overlooked.

If you want to DropBox me the file (folder), I would be happy to take a look at it.

It was an actual coreldraw file that I could open in Corel and edit my artwork. Now it's a folder named xxxx.cdr and acts as a folder. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen and I don't know how to change it back.

John Butto

I work on a Mac with Adobe products and have had the same thing happen to old files. I just open them up and resave and throw the old stuff away. I have tried suggestions but it seems to be faster and safer as I stated.