• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Art Gallery Software

Suz

Hey All you Artists and Art Farts!

Can anyone recommend a good software for creating your own virtual Art Gallery? My plan is to put together something with my drawings, paintings, serigraph works and fine art prints for potential Customers to view. I'd like to have home and business interiors (photos) for backdrops, possibly picture frames, and some gallery wrap canvas frames to display my paintings and show how they would look in an office or home setting.

Of course I need something entry level, as I'm just exploring the idea right now. I don't need it to be on a website yet. I know you can purchase photos to use through shutterstock and other places, but I was hoping for an entire program that might also help me to keep inventory and any other important information an Art Gallery would need.

I have found some information on a couple programs, but I was hoping to find if anyone here had any working knowledge or experience with a similar program. I am hoping you can share the name and version of the program you are using and a quick evaluation would be great too!

Anyone? Thanks so much!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm sure there are lots of freeware and shareware solutions. The product I recommend as an excellent solution is the commercial product Portfolio. It's both gallery software and a database. Download the free trial and see if you like it.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
After looking over that software list, this stands out to me. http://download.cnet.com/Magix-Slideshow-Maker/3000-13455_4-10907281.html

also, the interior setting is easy, just pick up some stock art like http://depositphotos.com/2507130/stock-photo-Sofa-in-the-room.html and make a couple templated looks to throw the artwork onto (layer options such as drop shadow w/ slight bevel to edge for gallery wraps, a frame style or two that has a secondary layer with a mask for framed art, etc etc etc) and bobs your uncle, just need a flat screen and spare computer.

Suz

Thanks Guys (Fred and Tyrant)! I will be checking out all those ideas, appreciate it very much!!! You are the best!

Suz

Tyrant,

You gave me an idea... (Thank you!)
I have lots of real frames from when I used to hang shows. Duh! Why didn't I think of that? They are all frames I like, I picked them out! LOL. I could use those! I could just photograph them, then bring them into photoshop and select just the frame without the center, leaving that part for my artwork.

Thanks again! That will be a good start!

most people I know who have a digital portfolio just use a photo frame or will hook up a monitor to a low end computer that just does a photo slideshow from a folder.

Joe Crumley

Fred, That looks like a wonderful set of management tools but they don't give prices On-Line. That usually meant big dollars. I gotta give them a look see but I bet it's beyond most pocket books. Joe Crumley

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, That looks like a wonderful set of management tools but they don't give prices On-Line. That usually meant big dollars. I gotta give them a look see but I bet it's beyond most pocket books. Joe Crumley

No, you just have to answer a couple of questions such as where you're located. The U.S. price is $199.95. Here's a link.