• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Art Of Logo Design....

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice.
One thing I disagreed with was the female designer saying that design is not like Math;
"You don't know what you are going to get with "blue + square" until you lay it out.
Everyone knows:
Blue + Square = Potato - always....

visual800

Obviously I can now understand why I quit college, bantering, I can do without all the babbling on and on about cave drawings being "logos" and what not. I'm more of a visual person than for someone to verbally put on a show for me. Show me what you designed instead of trying to take me back to school and teach me WHY logos are imporatant

Videos like this are always showing the oldies, Nabisco, Delta, coke, etc. Of course all of these are burned into our minds already. I did like the one chick that took the paper and folded it to achieve her logo. I would like to see more newer logos sometimes

FTG

Obviously I can now understand why I quit college, bantering, I can do without all the babbling on and on about cave drawings being "logos" and what not. I'm more of a visual person than for someone to verbally put on a show for me. Show me what you designed instead of trying to take me back to school and teach me WHY logos are imporatant

Videos like this are always showing the oldies, Nabisco, Delta, coke, etc. Of course all of these are burned into our minds already. I did like the one chick that took the paper and folded it to achieve her logo. I would like to see more newer logos sometimes

Amen

GypsyGraphics

Nice.
One thing I disagreed with was the female designer saying that design is not like Math;
"You don't know what you are going to get with "blue + square" until you lay it out.
Everyone knows:
Blue + Square = Potato - always....

but i love her comment about iterating the hell out an idea

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I dunno............

Not because I'm old or have a dog in the fight, but the old logos seemed to have character and meaning without all the suspense of what something is. It takes a ton of money to get something recognized today. We're in a society which wants and needs everything immediately, so we can't wait for something to work or just happen... we have to spend money to jam it down peoples' throats, then through spamming, blogging or whatever you call it.... tell people why they like something.

I see nothing wrong with some of the old advertisements. In one picture or one glance, you knew immediately what something represented or stood for..... some good, some bad, but it still was up to the individuals.

Attachments

• kenwood.jpg
    kenwood.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 74
  • hoover.jpg
    hoover.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 85
  • motorola.jpg
    motorola.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Cocaine.jpg
    Cocaine.jpg