Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Art Of Logo Design....

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by weaselboogie, Jul 13, 2012.

1. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Nice.
    One thing I disagreed with was the female designer saying that design is not like Math;
    "You don't know what you are going to get with "blue + square" until you lay it out.
    Everyone knows:
    Blue + Square = Potato - always....

2. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Obviously I can now understand why I quit college, bantering, I can do without all the babbling on and on about cave drawings being "logos" and what not. I'm more of a visual person than for someone to verbally put on a show for me. Show me what you designed instead of trying to take me back to school and teach me WHY logos are imporatant

Videos like this are always showing the oldies, Nabisco, Delta, coke, etc. Of course all of these are burned into our minds already. I did like the one chick that took the paper and folded it to achieve her logo. I would like to see more newer logos sometimes

3. FTG

FTG Member

Aug 17, 2011
    South Dakota

Amen

4. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    but i love her comment about iterating the hell out an idea

5. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Chick?

6. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    BTW its just an introduction to Logo design

7. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I dunno............

Not because I'm old or have a dog in the fight, but the old logos seemed to have character and meaning without all the suspense of what something is. It takes a ton of money to get something recognized today. We're in a society which wants and needs everything immediately, so we can't wait for something to work or just happen... we have to spend money to jam it down peoples' throats, then through spamming, blogging or whatever you call it.... tell people why they like something.

I see nothing wrong with some of the old advertisements. In one picture or one glance, you knew immediately what something represented or stood for..... some good, some bad, but it still was up to the individuals.

Attached Files:

8. Fatboy

Fatboy Very Active Member

Very good.Thank you for sharing