• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Art path .PLT to Enroute?

bigpix

Anybody here ever converted an ArtPath .PLT or .RTP file to Enroute? Specifically, we upgraded our PC and put Enroute on it, abandoning crappy old ArtPath. Now I want to mill my sacrificial mat, but the .PLT files don't load in Enroute. Can't connect the old PC and run the mill file either, because the Gerber Sabre firmware was updated, rendering the ArtPath software useless. I could take a lot of time re-creating the mill files by taking measurements off the table, but looking for a short cut :cool:

bigpix

No go with Import

Nope... Seems the ArtPath .plt format is not equivalent to the HPGL .plt that Enroute understands.

bigpix

Asked another way...

OK all valid responses, but don't really solve the problem - so let me try asking another way:

Anybody have copies of the Mill files for the sacrificial mats on a Gerber Sabre 408 in ENROUTE 3 format, and that they would be willing to share? :cool:TNX

mtmdesigns

Design your spoilboard(sacrificial mat) in a program that you specialize in. Import the vector into enroute and save the template. If you are having problems importing you can always turn it into a .jpeg then bring it in to enroute and autotrace it.

AARON_INK.

Do you still have Gerber's Omega installed? If you do, open the .RTP or .PLT in composer and then export the file as a EPS and bring it in to Enroute.

Aaron

Typestries

Second what aaron says...or save a .plt out of artpath on your old computer (which u said you have) and either import that or get it converted to ai. pm me if you need I can send you a saved as ai for the 408. Reminds me, I have to mill mine too. yuck. every precious (fraction of an)inch of that PVC. I know it's only PVC but it's still a major PITA.

bigpix

Good ideas

Tnx guys- I think I will fire up the old PC and pull off the .PLT's then try sending them to Typestries - can't hurt to have 'em in AI format anyhow. Thanks again and Happy New Year!:smile: