• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Art Studio for Ipad

SignManiac

Ok, so I've had my iPad for nearly a year and I'm constantly amazed with the number of apps available for it. Well over the weekend I happened across an app called Art Studio. Read about it a bit and decided to spend the incredible price of $1.99 for it. Within minutes I was drawing on my iPad using only my finger and could not believe how well you can draw and create with it.

After doing a little more research, I found that you can buy a pen made just for capacitive touch screens and it makes it even more natural to draw with. Jumped on the bike and headed out to Best Buy where I picked one up for $15.00. I have spent 2-3 hours a night sitting on the couch drawing non stop and my mind is racing with the endless possibilities. It's very much like a Cintique in that you are drawing directly on the screen.

Here are two youtube links to give you an idea what this app is capable of. In the hands of a talented artist, it rivals any of the conventional mediums like pencil, charcoal, and paint. If you own an iPad this is one app worth the money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5mHgFf_FbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__rPHTWxS4g&feature=related

Tim Aucoin

Sweet! Thanks for the post and the review. I'll have to give this one a try! I'm by no means an artist, but for a couple bucks, I'm willing to try my finger at it! :omg: WOW

SignManiac

I'll post up some of my artwork in a few days. As a hack artist all of my entire life, this is hands down the coolest tool I have ever used to draw and paint with...

SignManiac

Just downloaded it an installed. Now just need to learn to draw. Love it. Thank you.

I think you will be quite amazed at how fast you can learn to draw basic things. Be sure and go through all of the tools and learn what each one can do. You can go really deep in tweaking colors, brushes, shapes. There's cloning, copy and pasting, transparencies. Far too much to list here. Have fun with it!!!\

P.S. watch all of the youtube videos. You can learn a lot there too.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I am waiting for someone to come up with a replacement for the uber expensive cintiq. I have a hard time putting down $2000 for that beast

WildWestDesigns

I am waiting for someone to come up with a replacement for the uber expensive cintiq. I have a hard time putting down $2000 for that beast

I did too, but it was money well spent if you use it a lot(which thankfully I do).

I'll have to check out the iPad app. I have iDraw on there now. It's like a bare bones Ai. I'll have to look into that Pen accessory as well. That's the one thing that I thought I was missing with the iPad app. I'm by no means a thumb or finger artist.

SignManiac

Horsing around :) fun app!

Attachments

• image-3353084694.png
    image-3353084694.png
    518.3 KB · Views: 116