• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Artic Titan Motor Problem?

SARTampaBay

The motor on my Titan turns the roller until you add the pressure of the top roller, then it stops turning. It spins the drive roller feely until any amount of tension is applied.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on whether that's like to be a motor issue, drive gear issue or something else. Thanks.

Mark

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Best I can offer is to remove both side covers and look around for anything loose. There are 3 screws holding each cover on by the rollers - it will be the silver screws. You wwill also need 2 different allen wrenches - one to remove the tensioner handle on the left side, the other to remove the main bar lift handle on the right side. Over time on ours I've had the entire left side gear on the chain get loose along with a few other things get loose over the years. I've pretty much made it an annual maintenance thing to pull both covers and check it all over on ours.

SARTampaBay

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll pull it apart tomorrow and see what I can see. So, you think that if the motor turns the roller at all, it's not likely a motor issue, but a slipping/broken part of the drive gear?

Thanks.

Mark

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Hard telling for sure but my guess would be the drive gear is slipping on the shaft. If I remember right there are 2 allen screws that secure the gear to the shaft and I've had those come loose before as well. Might be just enough that it can turn the roller but any resistance and it starts slipping. It's pretty basic and easy to evaluate once you pull the cover - not much to these...