• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ARTPath acting funky?

LEGEND

So we're trying to cut some acrylic letters for a push-thru sign, when I go to ARTPath to add the auto inlay to route them out and add the "shoulder" of the letters, it crisscrosses in the middle and cuts all the way through... the first/red line is the letter and the second/green line is the shoulder... any ideas?

attachment.php

Attachments

• K.jpg
    K.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 304

GB2

Old Member
I just had almost the same thing happen...sometimes there just isn't an explanation. First I would check to see that you don't actually have two copies of the letters on top of each other or one of them doesn't have an open shape. I think sometimes if you perform functions in other programs it brings these inexplicable anomalies into ArtPath. For example if you merge, combine, expand, etc. in those other programs it may create these issues. Another thing could be loops in the paths that you really can't see. Also, sometimes PDF conversions will do the same thing but you'll never be able to identify it with certainty. You just have to inspect your file very closely each time before actually finding out when it's run and ruining the material....just like I did this morning!

J Hill Designs

I just had almost the same thing happen...sometimes there just isn't an explanation. First I would check to see that you don't actually have two copies of the letters on top of each other or one of them doesn't have an open shape. I think sometimes if you perform functions in other programs it brings these inexplicable anomalies into ArtPath. For example if you merge, combine, expand, etc. in those other programs it may create these issues. Another thing could be loops in the paths that you really can't see. Also, sometimes PDF conversions will do the same thing but you'll never be able to identify it with certainty. You just have to inspect your file very closely each time before actually finding out when it's run and ruining the material....just like I did this morning!

This. I would say your K path is 'open' -- you can see an anomaly on the right side of the up-and-down green path

LEGEND

I went on Composer and made sure there was no extra objects or effects on that letter. The weird thing is that these are letters that are typed within Composer, none of the rest of the letters are doing this except for the letter K. All of the letter Ks in the file act the same.

Typestries

I too have had this happen. Our workaround has been to go back to illustrator and add points and make sure the path is closed.

Chasez

Been a while since I've worked with artpath but I do remember having issues like this. I've also had other weird issues with Omega that are totally explainable. Only thing I can think of that will fix it, scrap that omega file, and re-type the letter in a new file and then take it into artpath. I've had issues with copy/pasting within omega and the only way I've been able to fix any of these problems is by creating a new omega file.

Chaz