• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Artwork and sales question

Stacey K

I like making signs
I can care less what is legally right or wrong/who's art work it is.... ETC

bottom line it's bad business, and shady beyond belief.

You're willing to sell 4-5 T shirts to make 90 bucks and risking reputation and integrity?

Just a weird question. And those supporting you sell it.. is just odd.. good luck i guess.
I can care less what is legally right or wrong/who's art work it is.... ETC

bottom line it's bad business, and shady beyond belief.

You're willing to sell 4-5 T shirts to make 90 bucks and risking reputation and integrity?

Just a weird question. And those supporting you sell it.. is just odd.. good luck i guess.

The bar didn't come up with the saying, they jumped on the bandwagon. 2/4 shirts clip art are very close to every other shirt you see on Etsy. The other two are "original" but how original can you get when there's 100 other people selling the same summer shirt. Infact, they showed me shirts they found online and asked if I could use the saying with different artwork. It's like the saying "Got Milk" or "What Would Jesus Do". Lot's of farms and church groups use the sayings. If you read my last response, I referred the people to the bar for the shirts, and out of good faith I won't use the same sayings on other shirts. That's the problem with all these dumb sayings...nobody owns them but everybody wants to use them.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
"Got Milk"
It think it's still trademarked and there are a few easily searchable legal cases involving t-shirts in particular. Etsy is not necessarily a good guide to legality of what's safe to use in trade. Fortunately, internet searches make it easy and quick for a creative to, at least, get a sense of what they might be up against as far as certain their bright ideas.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
It think it's still trademarked and there are a few easily searchable legal cases involving t-shirts in particular. Etsy is not necessarily a good guide to legality of what's safe to use in trade. Fortunately, internet searches make it easy and quick for a creative to, at least, get a sense of what they might be up against as far as certain their bright ideas.

Still trademarked! Looks like they update the trademark every year.
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4801:mkzkke.2.4