• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Artwork is getting scaled down when cutting from Omega to Mimaki Plotter

Machinegunkenny

Hello everyone,

The sign company I currently work for is having issues with big vinyl cut jobs getting scaled down when cutting from omega 5.0 to a mimaki CG-130 FX2.
When I worked for them before (long story) they had a different plotter, a 48" Gerber and had major issues with getting large artwork when paneled to line up. I have even seen 4' vinyl when cut in 2 sections to be off as much as a quarter inch! I used a Roland PNC-141030" and Roland CX300 with CoCut software for 10 years and NEVER had these issues, nor have I seen this problem when using a graphtec fc-8000 (although the packaged software was pretty buggy).

Has anyone else had this issue? I am almost certain it is Gerber Omega causing this issue and was gonna push for a CoCut purchase but who knows...maybe the issue is with Mimaki and possibly the previous Gerber plotter (though I used a Gerber emboss 48" and never had this issue).