Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As if taxes and keeping up with the code isn't complicated enough

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by TimToad, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    My accountant, Bombastic Bushkin will be charging me more for the extra paperwork.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Mines had my paperwork for a month now and still nothing... Deadline is approching. I may have to get Mr Bushkins number from ya

3. Johnny Best

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    I take mine in on a Thursday and ready for electronic entry on Monday, just have to sign it and its finished.

4. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    I think procrastination is a required attribute to become an accountant or insurance agent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    I think they mirror the culture at large, just like actors, pro athletes, etc.

Humans do a lot of very similar things. Ours have been done for nearly a month and the returns are just sitting on the desk waiting for checks for the IRA's and IRS to be made out and sent in.

6. Johnny Best

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Toad, you should file electronically and have the IRS take the money out of your checking account. Easy to set up and the information can be used year after year. No check to write and no stamp or envelope. And when I did the IRS investment that was just a call to the bank's investment section and they will deposit the money in your checking account into your IRA. Again no check or envelope and stamp. You should look into putting some IRA money into an Annuity, they are guaranteed and earn higher than a IRA in cd or money markets.