• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ask the professionals...

Jeff

This question was asked on facebook by a local racer...these are actual responses...I did not alter them in any way other than the icons next to some of them. :smile:

Any good suggestions on getting vinyl glue off trailer that won't take paint off??

Aaron...Power washer
Jeff...wd40
Steven...Message me I got some stuff that will make it a piece of cake
Linda...Goo be gone
Kathys...Adveshive remover medical type or acetone

Matthew...Brake cleaner and a razor blade. :banghead:
Kurt...Goo b gone works well!put it on thick, let it soak and loosen up and hit it hard with power washer or scrub. Should come off fairly easy!
Mark...3M Adhesive Remover Pricey but works the best Or a eraser on a drill special tool
Calvint...I second goo gone! Use it on kart graphics. Use that and a razor blade.
Darrell...When I worked in a vinyl shop we used wd-40. Spray it on and rub it over the glue with your hand. Let it sit for a second and then you can pretty much wipe it off. You will burn up some paper towels but it's easy and quick.
Melody...Hubby said goof off don't rub hard

Scott...WD 40/ no lead gas :omg:
Jeff...WD 40
Ryan...WD-40 or PB Blaster.
BJ...Rapid remover
Michael...depends on how long it has been on, if you have access to some vinyl or might try duct tape, I never tried that yet, but take and put it over old glue and new adhesive takes it off, slow process, try goof off in a spot not noticable, I use it alot, also fantastic works if you leave it set

David...Jay has the drill with eraser on it
Brian...Wd40
Nicholas...Rapid remover works great but a little expensive but i haven't found anything better and it cuts down time it takes to get it all off by a lot :thumb:
Jessica...rubbing alcohol. thats what we used at the sign shop
Jessicai...see how I had to put rubbing in front of that. wouldn't want him to get confused.

Nicholas...Only bad thing about rubbing alcohol and all the other abrasive stuff it softens up the paint and if it an older trailer it could take some parts of the paint off or make it dull or make the paint very soft. Glue gone is ok just takes a little bit extra work but its cheap
Todd...Naptha
Brad ...Citrol
Eric..Denatured alcohol
Dennis...Carb cleaner

Kyler...Wd40
Dennisr...Orange oil
Dianne...Goo gone.
Shaun...Citrol will eat some paint 3m makes a adhesive remover that works well
Chad...Put a bigger sticker over it

Butch...3m adhesive remover or acrysol
Ese...gasoline works great :doh:
Steve...3m adhesive remover. White and orange can
Matthew...Hire a guy minimum wage to detail it for you. Tell him he cant get paid til the glues gone
Beau...Rapid remover is the best I use it all the time and clean up with windex

John...wax and grease remover from your auto body supply place.
Brandon...I used to use powerlube. Wd-40 works to. Either on u hav to clean all the oil off
Paul...Wax and grease remover, PrepAll or virgin spirits 900
Joey...3m makes a sticker remover that you chuck up into a drill. Like a big eraser. Will strip stickers and glue but won't hurt the aluminum. Was designed for use on airplanes
Josh...More vinyl glue :help

Nick...Goo Gone. Used it on my car paint without a problem.
Jack ditzler wax and grease remover or dupont606
Carla...Jon Sr says goof off
Rob...Ditzo
Jon...Skin so soft from Avon

Bryan...3m brake cleaner
Bryan..That's what we use at df signs
Jeff...gasoline
Jeffrey...try a little goo gone(little dab to start)
Bigg...heat gun aka hair dryer and a id

Chris...Oops you can get it at any fleet farm
William...Wd40 works

David Wright

What Bob said.

Attachments

• elbow grease.jpg
    elbow grease.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 53