• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aspire Users?

SignManiac

Posted the in the CNC forum but that's for premium users. I want to reach out to everyone. Can anybody tell me if I can paste a vector file from Corel Draw into a new Aspire project?
I have not been able to do it whereas I can in my ProfileLab software. I don't see any reason to be forced to export from Corel as an .eps or other vector format. thanks in advance.

John L

I have Aspire. The only choice see when importing are .crv3d, .crv, ,dxf, .dwg, .eps, .ai, .pdf.

I have had the best accuracy when taking vectors from Flexi to use .eps or .dxf.

SignManiac

I do not want to be forced to export my Corel draw files in any format. And I will not use Aspire to design in. There is no reason for me to have to learn Aspire other than to process machine files. I have twenty five years of design knowledge working in Corel and can work far more faster in it than Aspire. I posted on the Aspire forum and keep getting the same answer to export first. Copy and paste is about the oldest and simplest feature of all software. How could they neglect to include such a great feature? It like building a Ferrari without a stereo.

I'm not following you. Why is it so difficult to export? You still have to assign all the tool paths to each and every line in Aspire anyways. It's not like you can design in anything paste into Aspire (or any CNC software) and it's ready to send to the CNC upon pasting.

SignManiac

Aspire is far to cumbersome to work with. Overly complicated. Simple as that. Exporting isn't difficult. It's just should be unnecessary. And there are other issues with having to create separate files for each tool path that have to be imported. Since you are probably only familiar with and working with Aspire, it's the only way you know. Without working with the setup I use, I doubt you will understand my frustration with it. The way I have worked with my setup for years is far easier than with Aspire on it's own. One of the reasons we use it as little as we do.

No, I do understand your frustration, I personally do not like Aspire from the trial version for many reasons. But, from all the CNC software I've seen, you still have to assign all the tool paths. The CNC doesn't know what to do unless you tell it step by step.