• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Assistance printing on Styrene

LP011

Hello guys

I need some assistance with an upcoming project I have. I have an HP R2000 and I need to print a large amount of 5’x10’ styrene sheets (0.03) for a customer. The issue I am having is that the boards curl up due to the heat/static constantly causing head strikes. I’ve lowered the curing temperatures but obviously in doing that the ink does not dry completely. In this specific project I am unable to use edge guards because the print is really close to the edges.

I was wondering if anybody can assist me in any way. Maybe someone has a profile they can tell me about for this specific project.

Thanks!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Styrene is pretty challenging. We run it with UV, typically on 4x8 sheets. If there is anything you need from us please reach out.

greysquirrel

Hello guys

I need some assistance with an upcoming project I have. I have an HP R2000 and I need to print a large amount of 5’x10’ styrene sheets (0.03) for a customer. The issue I am having is that the boards curl up due to the heat/static constantly causing head strikes. I’ve lowered the curing temperatures but obviously in doing that the ink does not dry completely. In this specific project I am unable to use edge guards because the print is really close to the edges.

I was wondering if anybody can assist me in any way. Maybe someone has a profile they can tell me about for this specific project.

Thanks!
when you lower the heat, you need to either increase pass mode and or reduce ink saturation.

signheremd

We print it on our UV flatbed all the time - of course it doesn't move as it would for a hybrid printer. We use Solv S1000 to prep and clean the plastic and print. never had an issue. As others have said, lower heat or increase passes. On ours we can set the LED lamp intensity, so if your lamps are adjustable you might want to start there