• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aston Martin Vantage-Matte White

jay*doc

I would stick with your original idea of 180C-v3 for the wrap film, and just be warned ahead of time, not all "matte" laminates are the same level of "matte-ness" (is that a made up word?). 3M's 8520 is kinda matte, Avery's dol 1080 (old 1100) and Oracal's 290 M are more matte, and mactac's Rayzor is even "mo-matte" or the most matte. I've used them all.

Anyway, on an Austin Martin, Oracal scares me because eventually it's going to have to come off, and in my experiances, oracal is a little harder in the end. And for god's sake, use cast films, in an Austin Martin, not a honda.

As far as matte white staining, I have had a matte wrap on my car, and there were areas of pure white. I did notice that it always looked dirty, no matter how well it was cleaned. Take it for what it's worth.

jay*doc

Divizion E

I'm totally lost here guys. I hate working with Avery vinyl, by the way, I called DiNoc and they said they do not have matte white for wrapping material. Um, what do you mean that you wouldn't use oracal on an aston martin? I'm so lost, you guys just made it more confusing than the question really was lol. Can I jus get it, laminate it, tell him that it might stain if he doesn't take care of it, and call it a day? It's not the installers fault if the vinyl stains or gets dirty or doesn't stay clean, he wants it matte white and thats a defect of matte white.

auto accents sc

Is the staining due to the porous surface of a matte finish? This allows more contaminants to become trapped in the finish, and with a white film they are more apparent. This is my theory.
Jamey