• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

astonishing tsunami footage

B-RAD Graphics

to see that happening live like that...cars trying to get away as it is coming...so you know a ton of those cars houses people are in them taking there last breath...words cannot explain how I feel right now watching that footage...I am not much of a preacher by any means...but my prayers go out to all them..this is scary...

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
It is heartbreaking.

Regarding the second video posted by thinksigns... you know how even around here people won't leave for hurricanes and choose to ride it out. I cannot imagine the number of people thinking they would be safe and then to see that coming towards them with no chance to escape. It just appeared to travel so far inland. You could see all the vehicles trying to make a run for it and even people running on the ground just ahead of it

Just tragic

WrapperX

I will never understand the IDIOCY of people who ignore the warnings of Hurricanes and Tsunamis, and other natural dissasters. We have the ability to predict these things, we have the ability to get out and get safe. Why people think that it's not gonna be soo serious or whatever just infuriates me. Then to see these cars fleeing like ants scattered from an ant hill with no place to go! I want to feel sorry for them, but I can't. Although in this case, I don't know the exact time line from the Quake until the Tsunami hits but still. The principal remains, get out when they tell you to get out!

Regarding more of the YouTube video - it just didn't stop. It keeps on going, further and further. The sights of the debris in the front of the wave of everything it came across. YIKES!

WrapperX

And now all the water has to evaporate and/or soak into the ground before any of the repair/clean up can be done. How do you return from somehthing like this. How does anyone start over? EVERYTHING you thought you had on Thursday is now gone, just gone. No paperwork, no proof of insurances, or ownership of anything. It's all just gone.

Border

I believe they only had about 11 minutes to shake themselves off after the Quake and make their escape over broken roads and debris from quake.
And all at once!

Joe Diaz

Perhaps it is too early to speak of silver linings. But if anyone can bounce back from such devastation, it's the Japanese people. You have to give them credit, they are tough and resilient people and have recovered from disasters like this multiple times with grace. We could learn a lot from them. So far no reports of mass looting, but instead reports of fellow man helping each other out of a tough situation.

GoodPeopleFlags

I found it interesting this morning on the news, the footage of the Japanese people standing in line for supplies. Calmly, patiently, waiting in line. Not like the chaos I've seen in other natural disasters in other places. I think that says alot about the character of the people.

My cousin is there and him and his wife are ok.

TheSellOut

I want to feel sorry for them, but I can't.

This is just pure ignorance! whether it was 10 minutes, a half hour or an hour...you don't know their story...what if your loved ones were stranded as a result of the earthquake or for something as simple as not having a car? You can damn well bet I would be heading right into those waves to go after my wife or daughter...My heartbreaks for those enduring such devastation.

WrapperX

True to that. They are a resiliant people. I think the problem with the American people are that a large protion of the public feel entitled to something or other - not just in a disaster area but in life in general. We have become a selfish and unappreciative bunch who feel that we shouldn't have to work for what we have. And that if he or she over there (ie: across the street, across town, etc) then I should have it too. It doesn't matter how much that person worked for it, it doesn't matter that I sit on my ass all day and do nothing - I deserve it just as much.

And the biggest problem is that that large portion are the face of our society. they are the ones reported on, they are the ones people see. There is a large portion of our socitey that I want to believe is of good nature and will do what needs to be done with out the need of repayment. However these are not the ones that are spoken about - at least not initially. ANd certainly not with out enough praise.

WrapperX

This is just pure ignorance! whether it was 10 minutes, a half hour or an hour...you don't know their story...what if your loved ones were stranded as a result of the earthquake or for something as simple as not having a car? You can damn well bet I would be heading right into those waves to go after my wife or daughter...My heartbreaks for those enduring such devastation.

you may have misinterprated what I meant. I was refering to those who were given plenty of warning and choose not to leave. Those in the current videos didn't have nearly ANY time to react or get out. And absolutely I would be rushing in there with you to get at my wife and child and family. But my lack of sympathy is directed at those who choose to ignore such warnings and then when they cry for help or blood for whose to blame for their abandonment in the chaos from aide. Maybe it's ignorant but at the same time, when you are given warning you need to listen and if you can't then accept that you don't have a choice and understand that you are not the only person who needs help.

I guess there really is no way to justify my feelings on this, it seems cold and heartless but I still feel it.

TheSellOut

to me, the way I read it...it did sound heartless, but I see what you mean now and agree that it's hard to feel sorry for those you are warned and do not heed those warnings in the slightest bit.

Joe Diaz

I found it interesting this morning on the news, the footage of the Japanese people standing in line for supplies. Calmly, patiently, waiting in line.

You know I was just thinking about what you said while I was waiting in line at Wendy's over my lunch break. Some lady had the audacity to order food for 5 people:omg::rolleyes:, and the folks behind me were whining and belly aching that they weren't getting their food in 10 seconds flat.

The guy behind me, leaned into me as if to whisper a private message that only I would be able to hear, but instead in a volume loud enough that everyone in line, the poor lady that was unfortunate enough to get in line before everyone else, and everyone behind the counter could clearly hear, he began to express his dissatisfaction with the whole life altering ordeal. :rolleyes:

He looks over at me as if he was expecting me to give him a high five or pat on the back for such an important assessment. And I'm thinking to myself "get over yourself buddy". Things could be much worst. I have my complaints about fast food just like the next guy, but if you think about it, it's pretty damn impressive that you can get a hot cooked meal so quick, when in other corners of the world people are struggling to fight off starvation.

We have it pretty darn good, you know? And if you can learn anything from Japan, it's how quickly it can be snatched away by mother nature. It could easily be you, me or the jerk behind me in line waiting for a damn hamburger. :noway::noway::noway:

Rant over.

Here is to hoping that Japan bounces back sooner than later, God knows they deserve it.

WrapperX

Here is to hoping that Japan bounces back sooner than later, God knows they deserve it.

Plus if they don't How the hell am I gonna get my new 5D Super HD TV?!! I mean really - how is there mess gonna affect how I get my latest technology??

:ROFLMAO:

What, too soon?? :omg2: