• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help At what Ink level do you replace your ink

equippaint

What does "Nice" mean?

I got screamed at for putting the wrong zip code on a packet of documents she needed to mail out. Suddenly "I don't care about her stuff or making sure her stuff is correct" She said "ILL GO TO THE POST OFFICE MYSELF" and slammed the door.

She came back 30 mins later and apologized and said the post office changed the zip code and that's why it was different when I printed it... it auto corrected it.
Yeah not the same. Mine doesnt apologize

Bly

We let them run right out unless it's a backlit job.
In that case changing carts halfway through will leave a mark.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
While we're on the tank of gas subject, I typically keep mine topped off. One late night a couple of weeks ago we were coming back from a 150 mile stretch from jobsite. We'd spent the entire weekend plus Monday running 12 hour days for a bank conversion, spent Monday running to the locations and cutting off plastic wrap for a reveal. In any case I was exhausted and on the brink of 'should I be driving' territory, so I cranked up the radio and dropped the windows on my way home. Coming up on the last exit for 10 miles I realized I was below E, by how much I have no idea. I managed to get to a gas station just fine, but I figured out that instead of the 25 gallons my owners manual says, and instead of the 26 gallons I know I can put in it, I put 27.5 gallons in! I'll be giving the wife some slack for a month or two after that.

ugh... BANKS.

I have some de-branding work to do this coming week... AT NIGHT. I am not a night person. And of course you can't do anything about which days they are done.. weather service shows rain and thunderstorms both nights.:(

TimToad

0% all the time. hundreds of carts, zero issues. 99.9% mid print

printer says replace, i replace. can't understand why you would do anything else.

It's bad enough that most cartridges still have several ounces of ink in them when they are "empty". I'm not about to prematurely yank them out. Those who fret over it need a bulk ink system.

burgmurk

the only time i wouldn't run it to zero is if i was printing a large dark panel, even then, if it was yellow, no big deal. i've found if you change mid print on a deep navy blue for example, there can be (but not always) a light line. depending on the price of the stock i'm running i might risk it, might not.