• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attach banners to work table

danky01

I have been making banners for years and fight with them every time. Has anyone found a way to hold the banner down on the work table so you can pull the app tape off easier? I usually use wood working clamps to clamp the corners down but on a 3' banner and a 4' table that leaves one corner loose, unless I am lucky to be working on a 4' banner then I can clamp all four corners.

I knew a guy who would use wood screws and screw the banner to his table top, but I don't want screw holes in my table and cutting mat.

Just wondered how everyone else did their banners.

Thanks
Dan

JgS

back in the day I just got the transfer tape wet and it came up with no problem and no need to clamp it down. These days I just sub out all my banners. At less than $1 a sq. foot it just makes since.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have been making banners for years and fight with them every time. Has anyone found a way to hold the banner down on the work table so you can pull the app tape off easier? I usually use wood working clamps to clamp the corners down but on a 3' banner and a 4' table that leaves one corner loose, unless I am lucky to be working on a 4' banner then I can clamp all four corners.

I knew a guy who would use wood screws and screw the banner to his table top, but I don't want screw holes in my table and cutting mat.

Just wondered how everyone else did their banners.

Thanks
Dan

For that loose corner just use a bungee cord with a hook through the grommet and the other end tied off, or screwed into the underside of your layout table.
If you set your grommets after you lay your vinyl use a squeeze clamp tied to the bungee cord.

wayne k
guam usa

Gene@mpls

A two foot or so 1x2 with a screw in the end to catch the grommet will give you a less stretchy way to hold down (clamp the other end to the edge of the table of course).
That said... we have over a hundred premade banner blanks upstairs that have not been touched in 5 years. We will be moving soon and I need a home for them. Gene

Sign Works

Quick-Grip clamps and masking tape.

Attachments

• Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 93

vid

For that loose corner just use a bungee cord with a hook through the grommet and the other end tied off, or screwed into the underside of your layout table.
If you set your grommets after you lay your vinyl use a squeeze clamp tied to the bungee cord.

wayne k
guam usa

^^^This ^^^

Or use a squeeze clamp to secure the bungee to the table, too. In that way you can make it as taunt as you'd like and don't need to worry about different length bungees for different sized banners.

Signmaker Dave's Safety Tip of the Day:

Upon completion of the task, do not release any of the clamps until all the bungees have been unhooked from the banner and the tension relaxed. Either that, or make sure there are no bottles, markers, tape measures, knives, or any other tools that could alternately be termed "projectile;" in, on, or around the banner should you choose to release the clamps first.

OldPaint

one of the things that the newbies have no concept of....is an EASEL !!!!!!!! only thing i do on the flat table i have..is APPLY TRANSFER TAPE!!!!!
putting vinyl on a sub straight or a banner.....is so much easier on an EASEL!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 067.jpg
    Picture 067.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 91

Pat Whatley

For years we'd just use the staple gun and staple the four corners down. You could stretch the banner drum tight doing it that way. Finish the banner, pop out the staples, then install grommets in the corners where the staple holes were.