• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attaching French Cleat to ACM

nomad

I'm curious how you guys attach a french cleat to ACM. I've got a peice of ACM that I'd like to mount with a french cleat. I've normally used standoffs, but would like to do something to keep the face clean looking since I'm going to trim the ACM. Thanks for any ideas!

a77

Something I'm interested in as well. Spoke to another shop in town and they said they had no luck with tapes, they had them fail. They used a superglue of some sort, and that's all that has worked for them so far.

nomad

I am not sure what kind of double sided tape used, but we have used 3m VHB + some primer, and its about permanent.
Thanks! I was looking at VHB & Z clips earlier. It's nice to know someone has had success with em before I buy. Do you guys use something like Primer 94 or Promoter 111? Thanks again!

FS-Keith

what kind of french cleat are you using? alum or you 45 degreeing some wood? I have had good luck with vhb and silicone on both types

J Hill Designs

Thanks! I'm going to go ahead and try this since it's available here locally.

make sure you put it where you want it, because, yeah...you won't get it off once dried (15 minutes or so)

also, squirt out an inch or two of the stuff from the mixer before using. that stuff will never dry

nomad

make sure you put it where you want it, because, yeah...you won't get it off once dried (15 minutes or so)

also, squirt out an inch or two of the stuff from the mixer before using. that stuff will never dry

LOL, I'll be sure to keep that in min . Do you have to use the LORD applicator gun?

visual800

you wanna buy a new lords gun? I bought one for one freakin job and i was about to put back on ebay. its for the 300ml size. damn gun was too expensive to lay around collecting dust

nomad

you wanna buy a new lords gun? I bought one for one freakin job and i was about to put back on ebay. its for the 300ml size. damn gun was too expensive to lay around collecting dust
How much ya want for it?
----BEGIN EDIT-----
I just noticed this was a 300ML gun, I haven't had enough go-juice yet this morning to read posts in their entirety yet I guess. What I'm looking at doing is getting a couple 50ML tubes, and using a plunger ($4.95). I only need to bond a 4-5ft section 3 inches tall. I'd hate to pay for a 300ML cartridge, and only use 40-50ML of the stuff.

J Hill Designs

I had to buy a 250ml hilti epoxy gun for 1 job, because thats what the engineer specc'ed. that sh!t was expensive! hell, the epoxy tubes were 85 each