• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attention HP l25500 owners!

Latigo

What is the 792 ink set and can it be used in the L25500?
And.....Welcome and............ Who are you?

Bly

What is the 792 ink set and can it be used in the L25500?
And.....Welcome and............ Who are you?

I would also like to know this.
My gut tells me not to buy a first generation of any printer from HP after my 3000CP experience..
I'd like to know what "improvements" they've made to the ink. Has anybody got complaints on the current inkset?

iladi

Do you want the whole document translated? Or there are some specific aspects you are interested by?
Anyway there is nothing revealed, since About every technical detail is "unavailable". For short, it is about magenta ink, date is august 2011, By printing outgaes Mono and bi carbon oxid, Nitrogen oxid, Fluor based hidrocarbs. Has not been toxicologicaly tested. Burns at about 200 degrees celsius and can be extinguish by Dry chemicals or CO2. Wach your eyes. Not compatible with strong bases and oxidants.

Sorry, i try to translate tehnical words as good as i can since i'm not a chemist. But i guess if you are you will understand.

ForgeInc

I am just guessing, but I would imagine the new inks are similar to the upgrade we just did to our lx800. They basically have a slightly bigger gamut, and are supposed to have better adhesion, especially on certain hp medias. The new inkset for the LX800 also come with hardware and software upgrades that allow easier double-sided printing, I might also guess the new version of the smaller printer has something similar?

signswi

I would also like to know this.
My gut tells me not to buy a first generation of any printer from HP after my 3000CP experience..
I'd like to know what "improvements" they've made to the ink. Has anybody got complaints on the current inkset?

The thing is it's not really a first generation printer. It's an old aqueous body that was stuffed with latex printer guts from larger machines (L65500 and the ginormous high speed production scitex machines).

Anyone who couldn't guess that there's a new version coming in the next year doesn't really pay much attention to how every electronics market has worked for the past 20 years ;P. Probably be a bit faster due to lower cure times on the new ink formulation and have an improved uptake. By the time it's out you'll have made back the measly $13.5 on a L25500. I mean if you can't break even on that price point in a month you should find a sales guy.

kyjoe340

Trying to weigh the pros and cons of buying now or waiting on the new model. I don't think I'll wait mainly because waiting will cost an extra 6g or so and probably couldn't get the new one till late spring anyway. I guess no one knows for sure what the changes will be but a possible minor change in the latex inks and improved takeup reel seem to be the most popular guess.

Typestries

If anyone is looking at a latex in the Northeast, there are a few demo machines in the $13k range out there that I've heard about. New heads, full ink set and 1 year warranty. Send a PM or email.

jasonx

Hey guys,

One question for you latex owners. When printing on SAV and cutting into unlaminated prints do you find any issues? Do you have to wait a certain amount of time for the material to cool down or is it cool enough by the time it hits the take up?

Does the vinyl act like your kiss cutting into un printed media?

Cheers

Bly

Hey guys,

One question for you latex owners. When printing on SAV and cutting into unlaminated prints do you find any issues? Do you have to wait a certain amount of time for the material to cool down or is it cool enough by the time it hits the take up?

Does the vinyl act like your kiss cutting into un printed media?

Cheers

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showpost.php?p=901870&postcount=163

I put my order in. Should be installed in a couple of weeks.

Custom_Grafx

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showpost.php?p=901870&postcount=163

I put my order in. Should be installed in a couple of weeks.

Congrats mate, sounds like it'd be great for labels and full bleed stuff of any sort really.

Can I ask something - you're keeping your rolands... I'm curious to know why. After reading this post (and others) it sounds like the HP is an eco sol replacement (and better because of no waiting time for cutting/lamming). What is it about your rolands (or other eco sol tech) that the HP can't replace?

From a marketing perspective, what is Roland/Mimaki/Mutoh standing on to protect their share? And why isn't anyone else (that I know of at least), also making latex? Does HP own some weird latex ink patent?

Reading this thread, it just seems that there's nothing really bad about this HP printer and that it's all better than ecosol. Is ecosol dead?

Bly

The Rolands are great reliable performers that make money for me every day so why would I get rid of them?
I can see a couple of applications for latex that they can't currently perform:
wraps without waiting for outgassing, and unlaminated contour cut labels to mention two.
I would also like to be able to jump on the "eco friendly" bandwagon. I believe this demand will continue to grow in government and large corporations.
My main motivation to buy right now though is the fact you can buy a proven sign printer for half price, new. I have the cash, I just sold a couple of pieces of old equipment and I have room. It's a no-brainer.