• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aurora graphics

cr.designs

Anyone using Aurora graphics software? Is it worth the buy? I usually design most of my wraps, but it does take a long time starting from scratch. It looks like the monster wraps software is pretty cool, but does it save time and worth the money?

Pat Whatley

Dave Dorsey is President of Auroura Graphics and would like to thank you for interest in his product. Don't look for a used copy though or Dave will have to come to your house and shoot your dog.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Monster Wrap Fills gives you 250 tiles for for $299. My Plotter Art™ Seamless Texture Tiles Volume 1 and Volume 2 gives you 600 high resolution tiles per volume for $129 per volume or $235 for both volumes. The math is pretty easy.

Monster Wrap Fills has the shadowing permanently applied to many of their tiles ... which makes a pretty single tile but looks pretty bad when repeated a few times. Plotter Art™ tiles are supplied without the shadowing applied permanently and with a separate tileable shadow to overlay after tiling which makes for a much better looking finished result.

Monster Wrap Fills comes with a PDF for a user guide that you will find far less convenient than the full color printed user guide that comes with all Plotter Art™ collections.

All Aurora Graphics collections are sold using an End User License Agreement that prohibits the licensee (you) from ever selling their licensed rights. Plotter Art™ collections do not place such an encumbrance on their valued customers.

Aurora's tiles are sold individually for download ranging from $25 and up. Plotter Art™ tiles are sold individually for immediate download ranging from $4.95 to $9.95 each at Express Clipart. There are approximately 2,000 tiles at this writing from which to choose.

Last edited:

phototec

Digital Juice Drops

Yep to what Fred says is true, I was going to purchase a design from Aurora Graphics, but found out the shadow was built in and not on a separate layer, (not editable) that nixed the purchase.

However, I love using Digital Juice Drops, every one of their backgrounds is offered in layers, and you can turn each layer off or on, mix layers from other images and best of all, NO End User License Agreement that prohibits the licensee (you) from ever selling their licensed rights. You can find them for sale on ebay all the time.

Todd M Castle

I'm a gamer at heart and found this on my game website of choice, thought you all might find it interesting as it also deals with CAD software. (and I know some of you are gamers also)

ps. - To answer the OP, Plotter Art is great as I've sold plenty of it in the past and Aurora is also pretty good but a tad on the high end side $ wise.

Games are licensed, not sold says Courts of Appeal

Following a protracted case involving the sale of second-hand software on eBay, the US Courts of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has upheld the right of software companies to deny their customers the right to resell their products.

Although the court case revolved around AutoCAD, software for computer aided design, the knock-on effect could have huge implications for the used game market, as the judge reiterated that – "A software user is a licensee rather than an owner."

As video games are also subject to license agreements, the court ruling could potentially prevent users reselling their used games in the future, as well as putting rental companies under draconian restrictions.