• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aurora Textile VC Canvas profiling

frojasferrari

we print canvas, we were having really good experience with a canvas (no brand, a textile company sold it to us) , we did the profiling with a company who do profiling for print shops like us, and the prints were really awesome, we were happy with it... until the company who sold us the canvas told us they were having problems and didn´t know when they would have canvas again for selling.:banghead:
So... we ask around and ended buying a roll of Aurora Textile VC Canvas, but it has been a disaster, we cant get the quality prints we were having with the last canvas, we did call the same guys who made the last profile for the other canvas, and the result was really bad (they send a new guy), so here is my question, is the Aurora Textile as bad as im getting to think? Do the new guy sucks? (I was there, and everything he did seemed ok), Do any of you guys have any tricks on printing on canvas? we sell a lot of canvas prints, and this week has been a nightmare, making excuses for the customers.

We are in Chile, so we don't have so much variety to choose from. Has anybody any experience with Aurora Textile VC canvas?

:covereyes:

Which brand / model of printer are you using? I have not used that media from Aurora, but it seems to be coated media that is compatible with solvent, latex, and UV inksets.

frojasferrari

hp l260

yeah, it is suppose to be compatible, but im getting bad results, the best print i got was hp heavy textile banner

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 75
One of the biggest issues with the HP Latex L2 machines (L25500 and Latex 260) tends to be overuse of the light inks (lc and lm). Unless these inks are restricted significantly in the media profile, then coalescence and posterized results are fairly common. If the practitioner who built the media profile for the Aurora canvas did not do this, then poor output might be the result.

frojasferrari

is there a way i can do this without the genius profiler? Im even thinking in set the aurora roll on fire and buy other canvas, looking fot the HP collector satin canvas. Thinking of hp... with hp... what could go wrong?<br><br>Other company is offering me JUTU COTTON CANVAS, never heard of it. Any thoughts?:covereyes: