• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aussie Beer

1banner

VB - Victoria Bitters, is an excellent beer, just can't get it in the states that I know of...unless things have changed. If someone has any suggestions ??

Jillbeans

Jason if you're wanting to ship it to someone there may be a lotta red tape and such to go through.
Love....Jill

jasonx

Hey guys,

That's why I was hoping I could just buy it in the states and get it shipped locally. I've been told I can't ship it from Australia.

I was hoping to get Fosters but VB would do.

Is it a problem to ship it from state to state within America?

tomence

This is my kind of beer. The best!!!!

Attachments

• skopsko.jpg
    skopsko.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 89

Pat Whatley

Well....when I was in Denmark I shipped 4 cases of Carlsberg back through the mail service with no trouble. I later had my friend there ship me a couple of cases of Tuborg, again with no trouble. The problems develop when you actually let them know what's in the boxes.

You might want to check with www.bevmo.com Your only catch is that laws are pretty whacked state to state so you might find only one brand in whatever state you're in and 5 in a neighboring state. If all else fails find a store with a big assed beer selection and tell them to get it for you. They'll be hooked into the distribution network so if it's available they'll be able to find it.

Does anybody in Australia actually drink Fosters? I was under the impression that not only was it hard to find in Australia now it's not even brewed there anymore...they brew it somewhere else and ship it in. I hear that in Australia it tastes like brewed sewage. I do know that Fosters from Canada tastes like Coors Light and Fosters from Virginia tastes more like Bud Light. Skip them both and get yourself a Shiner Bock or twelve.

ProWraps

i just got back from Cairnes.. And ill tell you what. there wasnt a FOSTER can to be had.. lots of "bitter" but no FOSTERS!!

what a jip! heh.

Pat Whatley

Nope....just fell in love for a week with a Norwegian/Swedish girl (good lord) in Copenhagen on vacation one year. When I found out the Carlsberg Brewery had a free tour with free sandwiches and beer at the end of it I toured the place almost every day.

I haven't had a Tuborg in years, I miss the stuff.

Esmae

Fosters is one of our worst beers, they had to start exporting it because they couldn't sell it here. I rate VB in the same category. I live in XXXX country so even my local brew is horrid. Tooheys extra dry is one of our best widely available beers, yummy.