• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Authorize Use Only" - sound strange to you?

My designer gave me a sign that reads:

NOT A RENTAL
AUTHORIZE
USE ONLY

The wording is exactly as the customer requested, but I flagged it and bounced back to the designer -- I thought it should be "authorized"... The designer said it was fine so I asked other people at the shop and they said it was fine as well... but it's been bothering me ever since I printed it...

What do you think?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've never seen it any way but "Authorized". That would be an edited down familiar term meaning For Authorized Use Only. As stated it is an instruction or a command that one should not just let anyone use it but that one should authorize its use on a case by case basis because it is a not a rental item.

Definitely strange.

Perks

That exactly the kind of stuff that happens all the time at the shop where I work. If its pointed out the usual response is... "who cares" I do not get it sometimes, what is so difficult about correcting grammar?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That exactly the kind of stuff that happens all the time at the shop where I work. If its pointed out the usual response is... "who cares" I do not get it sometimes, what is so difficult about correcting grammar?

It's a terrible shame, but that's the mindset of most people today. Just pass the buck and do what you're told and don't go out of your way for a blessed thing. That way you don't get into trouble or waste time if you're wrong in the first place.

The really sad part is..... no one knows the real answer in your shop down to the designer. are they just that stupid ?? It's the same thinking as 'ICED TEA'.... 'SUPPOSED' and so on.

Give yourself a 'GOLD STAR' and tell them how it should be done. :rock-n-roll: